~ I recently had to wish for a pimple, just so I'd be able to test the CosRX Acne Pimple Master Patch. What I'm saying is, I haven't had any serious, hi-fi pimples for the past 3 years.
(Just 1 time: I was at a Watson's in Bangkok in May 2018, and I saw this Garnier Sakura White Serum. It was pink & pretty, so I bought a sample-sized tube. I applied it on my face that night, and next morning I woke up with a big cystic pimple on my forehead.)
~ I was gonna get fillers on 2 deep frown lines on my forehead. Now they look ironed out. Though I started making a conscious effort not to frown so much & wear sunglasses whenever I'm out, I know it's hugely due to the extra products I was using.
~ Pitted scars are smaller & those tiny white bumps under eyes (milia seeds) are gone.
~ Skin texture is smoother & more polished than when it was in my early 20's.
~ As for dark spots, lighter sun spots are gone. But deeply-embedded pigmentation patches have not changed much. However, I must say that I haven't used many heavy-duty Korean"Whitening" products yet.
Those are some of the results I got from using only Korean Skincare products consistently for the past 3, or so, years.
I came across a quote, which says: "Don't sell a product, sell an experience."
My mind instantly traveled to all my Korean Skincare Products, because each and every product I've used have been an experience.
I started in 2015, and then it slowly became my BIGGEST OBSESSION. If I'm not using a K-Beauty product yet, I'm reading about it & researching the benefits of its ingredients.
|Products I've used. *Derma Roller is another story.*|
The K-Beauty 10 Step Routine (My Way):
STEP 1: DOUBLE CLEANSING. Using a cleansing oil/balm & then a foam/gel cleanser.
STEP 2: SCRUB or PEELING GEL
(Only 1-2 times a week)
STEP 3: TONER.
STEP 4: EYE CREAM.
STEP 5: SHEET MASK
(Only 1-3 times a month)
STEP 6: ESSENCE
STEP 7: SERUM/AMPOULE
(I never skip this step.)
STEP 8: MOISTURIZER or EMULSION
STEP 9: SUNBLOCK
(Only during day time)
STEP 10: SLEEPING MASK or NIGHT TREATMENT.
*You skip STEP 10 during the day & STEP 9 at night.
To simplify it, here are the products I'm currently using most of the time.....
1. Double Cleansing: Banila Co Zero Cleansing Balm to remove makeup. Foam cleansers I've been using are: The Face Shop Rice Water Bright, Innisfree Volcanic Pore Cleanser & It's Skin Mangowhite Cleansing Foam.
2. Peeling Gel: It's Skin Mangowhite Peeling Gel (My favorite so far)
3. Toner: Son & Park Beauty Water.
4. Eye Cream: Etude House Pink Vital Water Eye Serum
5. Sheet Mask (not shown): Not a necessity for me, really. Though I've used most of the Innisfree ones.
6. Essence (not shown): I was using Innisfree Soybean Essence.
7. Serum/Ampoule: It's Skin Caviar Serum (which I LOVE & will repurchase) or Klaire's Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop.
8. Moisturizer: Etude House Pink Vital Water Cream. I need a moisturizer when I'm using a whitening serum, which is usually watery. But if I'm using a Snail serum/ampoule, which is slimy in texture, I skip moisturizer. This all also depends on the weather.
9. Sunblock: Innisfree Daily UV Essence Water Base SPF 50+ PA+++. This is not my favorite. I like Missha one. I prefer sunblocks in essence form
10. Sleeping Mask: Laneige Water Sleeping Mask.
My absolute favorite skincare product of all time.
Do I do this full 9-10 step routine everyday? Yes, only at night. Then, in the morning, I use only foam cleanser---till Step 9. But, of course, I sleep with my makeup on quite often too. So the routine is done in the morning.
I had gotten bored of using the same products, coz they really do last a while! So I recently got some of the popular Korean skincare products right now:
Yes Style Haul:
Secret Key Lemon Sparkling Peeling Gel
Dear Klaires Freshly Juiced Serum Vitamin C & Centella Asiatica Extracts
Etude House Lash Serum
Missha Time Revolution Night Repair Borabit Ampoule
Koelf Ruby Bulgarian Rose Hydro Gel Eye Patch
Nacific Phyto Niacin Whitening Essence
Banila Co Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm
Son & Park Beauty Water
Skin & Lab Pink Clay Facial Mask
CosRX Acne Pimple Master Patch (Mentioned at the start of this post)
Klaire's Gentle Black Cleansing Puff (FREE with purchase, with a sheet mask)
*Yes Style shipped my package from Singapore & I did not have to pay Customs charges, coz they*
The Face Shop Chia Seed Hydrating Facial Toner
The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Cleansing Lotion
*Myntra was selling The Face Shop products at discounted prices - upto 30% off.*
This is a topic that shall continue. This post has been sitting in my drafts for over a year, and I will click publish NOW, whether it's good/informative enough or not.
In the next posts, I'll list down The BEST MUST-TRY Korean Skincare Products I've tried so far, and in another, I'll share my weekly/monthly routines and how I rotate between ALL the products - because I'm about to buy more ;p
This is where I'll try everything, if I could.
This is where I'm going ALL IN.