Sorry for posting so late! It's almost quarter past 5 pm over here, and I was hesitating to post this. But.....
Since so many of you were waiting eagerly for this review, I put it it at the top of my to-do list. Also, I want you to read it asap, coz I guess most if you ladies must have just gotten your paychecks a few days back & all ready to pounce on all the new beauties on the block ;)
What it is: A white BB Cream that changes color once it touches your skin, and adapts to your skin tone. A little flag next to it in the stores read "No.1 Selling Product in Indonesia". They mean in The Body Shop store, I'm assuming.
* BB stands for Blemish/Beauty Balm. Please read more about the purpose of BB Creams here
Shade: I am using 01. I picked 02 the first time, coz in my hurry to buy it I just saw 02 & 03, not knowing there's also a shade #01! I reached home, and googled. Found swatches, and saw 02 looked pinker than 01, so I decided to go exchange it while it's still sealed. Unfortunately, 01 wasn't in stock for weeks (even on the day I bought it), so I got my cash back & returned the BB Cream. Long story short: 01 was finally in stock and....and.... I got it for a little bit cheaper than the first time coz of some discount. Woohoo!
*All 3 shades are on the pinker side. No yellow undertones, which I prefer.
Cream consistency: Thin & runny. Very unlike other conventionally thick BB Creams like Skin79 & Cathy Doll
Does it adapt to my skin tone? It blended in like a moisturizer, and tinted my skin just a little bit. But then it turned pinker after 5 minutes or so. Which makes me even more happy that I didn't keep the shade 02.
- It is very hydrating, which is what I need as a base for my foundations coz my skin is becoming dry & patchy because of the radiators here.
- It's mildly tinted
- If you want dewy, this could work *
- I really like the silver tube packaging.
- Next to nothing coverage.
- Turns pinker after a while.
- I find it too oily-looking *
- My skin doesn't look better with this.
- No SPF. [Edit: Which defeats the purpose of a BB cream, which is originally meant for application after laser treatment- when skin is highly sensitive to the sun.]
- Does not smooth out large pores.
- No whitening ingredients.
- Expensive for what it is.
So.... it's more of a subtly tinted moisturizer. Had it not turned pinker, I would have liked it a bit more. But really, I'd much rather use an affordable cream like Fair & Lovely, or Maybelline Clear Glow BB Cream.
Price ~ Rs.1395 (UK- £12.00 = Rs.1019). Ooh, finally one thing that's cheaper here =)
My Rating ~ ♥♥♥♥♥ 2.5/5
♥ Cynthia Z *.*