I have not done a tutorial for you guys since the Black Smokey Eyes I did in....in....May! No wonder I was beginning to feel uneasy.I wanted to do something bright, and decided on MINT- the hottest color of the season. Really, I can't get enough of the color! I keep dreaming about a mint tea set....and mint handbag.....and mint cotton candy (just to look at, not eat).....and I'm looking for a mint t-shirt for Mr.CZ. I know, I'm going mintal.
Products Used: Only 5, excluding brushes.
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance (Eyeshadow Primer)
- Colorbar Eyeshadow in Spearmint. Swatches here
- Bourjois Effet Smoky Pencil in Intense Black. My all time favorite kohl pencil.
- QVS Eyelash Curler.
- Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Definition Mascara (Mini Review: I love it! It's a thick formula, so it easily provides my thin lashes volume)
- After applying your eyeshadow primer (to prevent creasing), apply the mint eyeshadow upto your crease line. You can use a brush or your ring finger.
- Tip: To prevent gaps near the lash line, hold you brush upside down and apply.
- Apply the mint eyeshadow on your lower lash line as well.
- Using a fluffy blending brush, blend the edges a little. See Blending Tutorial
- It should look like that after blending.
- Apply a black kohl pencil inside your lash line. this makes your lashes look thicker. It's called Tightlining (tutorial here)
- With the same kohl, line your top lash line.
- Make a V at the out corner, as shown. Imagine a line from your lower lash line towards the end of your eyebrow. Make a line there (You can use a business card, as shown here, if you want a crisp line), and make another going inwards till about the side of your eyeball.
- Now blend/smudge the black kohl inwards. I used the brush that comes with the pencil.
- Apply the same kohl on your lower lash line & waterline, and smudge it.
- Re-apply the mint eyeshadow, not touching the black, but making sure you go over the tip of the black line gently to blur it a bit, so you can't really tell where it ends.
- See how the mint eyeshadow came alive again? As it should, coz it's the star of this show =)
- Curl lashes with an eyelash curler. Eyelash curler lifts your lashes making mascara application easier.
- Apply 2-3 coats of mascara, while it's wet in between, not dry.
- Apply mascara on your bottom lashes too.
For Lips & Cheeks:This mint eye look suits both pink & coral/peach blush & lippies.
Hope you liked this tut, ladies.....and the new presentation style =)