Looking for a sunblock? Especially if you're living in Delhi right now, you must be, or should. Sunblock is one product I find quite hard to buy. Most times, it's either too oily or too whitish or incompatible with my foundation. Enter Lotus Herbals Multi-Function Sunblock SPF 70. It is no ordinary sunblock! It is TINTED, PRESERVATIVE-FREE, OIL-FREE, made with CARROT & AVOCADO Extracts (I hear avocado does wonders for the skin) & has SPF 70!
Really, I had a hallelujah moment when I first used this. If you know my skin history, you'll understand why. It is a tinted non-sticky/non-sticky high SPF sunblock-cum-moisturizer. It is perfect for my oily/blemished/hyperpigmentation-prone skin.
A revolutionary, preservative - free, light weight formulation containing potent herbal extracts with 10 benefits:
- High UVA & UVB Protection
- Tan Prevention
- Prevention of brown spots & pigmentation
- Skin Lightening benefits
- Anti-wrinkle benefits
- Protection from freckles, sun spots & sun burn
- Anti-ageing properties
- Health prevention - helps prevent skin cancer
- Carrot & Avocado Extracts: healing properties that soften, smoothen and nourish skin
- Preservative free - Free from harmful preservatives like parabens, which may cause health problems like breast cancer.
That's the color of the sunblock. It has yellow undertones
The shade is perfect for my skin tone. If you're wondering if it'll suit darker skin tones: My s-i-l who has a deeper skin tone (about MAC NC45) tried it, and it did not leave a whitish cast or look unnatural on her either.
I am really digging this sunblock, and I wear it everyday- even as a night cream (I think I regard preservative-free much too highly). It evens out my skin tone & makes my face feel soft & supple. Although it is tinted, it doesn't sit on top of my skin unnaturally, it blends in pretty quickly. I used it under foundation the other day, and somehow my foundation didn't melt off completely when I was sitting in a non-ac room for hours. Foundation primer? Maybe. I have not seen any improvement in the texture of my skin or my dark spots so far, but I wasn't even hoping for that kind of miracle. For now, it is THE sunblock for me.
Packaging: I do not like it. So messy. I imagine this in a little pump bottle- so cute!
Price: I really think 495 is too much for this. Under Rs.400 would have been a much better price. They could have at least changed the packaging then, no?
Is it better than other Tinted Moisturizers & BB Creams?
- I like it better than Maybelline BB Cream- because it has higher SPF & is a little thicker than Maybelline BB Cream + it's Preservative-free.
- I like it better than Pond's Age Miracle Tinted Moisturizer- because it is not oily & I don't necessarily need to apply powder on top of it to mattify my skin.
[ Prettier Packaging, sell it in Watsons (Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, etc), and it could CONQUER the world! ]
Price ~ Rs.495 ($8.90) for 60g
My Rating ~ ♥♥♥♥♥ 4/5
♥ Cynthia Z *.*
Disclosure: Product sent by brand for review. All opinions are my own, as always.