3 months later, we have a review & swatches! For those who don't know, this palette is a sequel of the iconic Urban Decay Naked Palette. Will it overshadow it's predecessor? Read on to find out.
Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette comes in a sturdy well-made tin box with a wide big mirror inside, and 12 eyeshadows are accompanied with a dual-ended Good Karma brush & a mini Lip Junkie Lipgloss.
Urban Decay Naked 2 Eyeshadows: Foxy, Half Baked, Bootycall, Chopper, Tease, Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YDK, Busted, Blackout.
Foxy, Half Baked, Bootycall, Chopper
- Foxy ~ Cream Bisque. It's a matte cream (kulfi) color. It can be used as a base color. But I rarely use it.
- Half Baked ~ Golden Bronze. It's what both Naked & Naked 2 have in common. My most used golden eyeshadow.
- Bootycall ~ Peachy Vanilla. Great highlight color, and it's very smooth. You can even use it on your cheeks, nose, cupid's bow, and wherever needs to be highlighted.
- Chopper ~ Copper with silver micro-glitter. Some fallout with this, but not major.
Tease, Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol
- Tease ~ Creamy Pale Brown. Like Sidecar was what caught my fancy in the Naked palette, it was Tease that enticed me from Naked 2. Much to my disappointment, it is not the best quality. It is not pigmented, not smooth & silky, it's an inch away from being chalky. Very stubborn eyeshadow.
- Snakebite ~ Dark Bronze. I hate the name so much...ugh! Ophidiophobia. Ugh....*shudders* But it's one of the stars in this palette- pigmented & wearable, and a nice substitute for gold
- Suspect ~ Pale Golden Beige. This I like to apply on my inner tear duct areas. Wear it on top of Busted, and you'll get something similar to MAC Satin Taupe.
- Pistol ~ Light greyish brown. This is a really nice, unique shade, that can give an interesting twist when mixed with any other color in the palette.
Verve, YDK, Busted, Blackout
- Verve ~ Oyster. This is nice when worn alone, or layered on top of another color. When you wear it on top of disappointing Tease, you get a beautiful shimmery brownish taupe.
- YDK ~ Cool bronze. This is gorgeous! One of my favorites from this palette. I team it with Busted most times.
- Busted ~ Deep Brown. LOVE this shade! I used in a tutorial here
- Blackout ~ Blackest black. It's one of the most pigmented black eyeshadows I have. I think this is what's missing in the Naked Palette. I used this in the Black Smokey Eyes Tutorial
EOTD: Wearing Chopper & Busted
Good Karma Shadow/Crease Brush ~ I especially love the Crease brush (right), coz it's great for effortless blending shadow on the crease. The shadow brush (left) is too stiff for my liking, but it's not totally useless coz it can be used for lining too, since it has an almost paper thin tip.
Urban Decay Naked Lip Junkie Lipgloss ~ It has the cooing effects of peppermint, and does feel like it plumps up my lips a little. It's not sweet, but it does smell/taste like Polo Mints. Inoffensively sticky, actually, almost not sticky. Yet I don't fancy it, so it's probably the last time I'll wear it. I really think they should have put a Primer Potion instead.
The best things about this palette, for me:
- Pencil box tin packaging. But it's heavy.
- Good Karma Shadow/Crease Brush
- Price. I think it's really worth $50
What I don't like about it:
- Naked Lipgloss.
Price ~ $50. I paid Rs.2719 + Shipping. Details on how I got it here
My Rating ~ ♥♥♥♥♥ 4/5
I guess you kind of know which I like better: Naked or Naked 2. But I'll still post a comparison post next =)
♥ Cynthia Z *.*