Cat eyeliner has got to the most unpredictable thing in makeup. You never know what shape you'll end up with. One wrong move & you'll have to think of ways to make it look right. I thought I'd share with you how I've been doing mine, because I think it's almost mistake-proof.
By the way, this is how I lined my eyes in the MAC Big Bounce Impeccably Rich post...
So, here's a step-by-step tutorial:
*It's up to you whether you want to line the lower lash line or not. I prefer to do it.
- Apply eyeshadow on lid. Here I used a very light shade (TF Pillow Talk shown below). Start lining from center of lid towards the outer corner, stop after drawing 1/2 " or so- as shown.
- Continue to line straight out. Make sure the end doesn't exceed the end of your eyebrow tail.
- Now join the end of the line to the outer end of your eye.
- Line the rest of your eye starting from center to the inner corner. Try to make it thinner as it goes in.
- Time to fill inside the lines now& tightline the inner part of your eye now, so there's no visible gaps. Tightlining tutorial here
Lastly, apply mascara on top & bottom lashes. After I lined my bottom lash line & joined it to the upper wing, I ended up with this....
Because I have hooded lids, it's important that I contour my crease. I used Pillow Talk on lid & Like A Virgin on the crease and lower lash line. Both eyeshadows are from the Too Faced Naked Eye Palette
|Maybelline Lasting Drama Black Gel Liner|
Hope you liked the tutorial!
♥ Cynthia Z *.*