Benefit Box O' Powders are what put Benefit Cosmetics on the map. The cardboard packaging is still one of my favorites. So different and....out of the box.
I thought it would release more happy hormones if I put them all together in one post.
Boxes of Bella Bamba & Hoola are different, they are flip top with mirrors, whereas the others are removable covers without mirrors. I prefer the removable ones, coz I'm afraid I'll rip out the flip ones since they have some magnetic thing that pulls down the cover every time- very annoying.
They all come with flat top square brushes with wooden handles. Bella Bamba's brush feels more silky & is softer than the ones of Coralista, Dandelion & Thrrob. Hoola's brush is the softest of all.
On to the powders:
|Benefit Box O' Powders|
- Bella Bamba ~ A 3D brightening pink face powder. ~ Benefit. I wouldn't apply this all over my face, no. This watermelon pink is one of the most gorgeous pinks in my books. It smells really good too- sweetish, like a type of liquorish. Bella Bamba has what Coralista doesn't- a red undertone & bolder gold shimmer that makes the color really pop. This reminds of my childhood, when people used to sing that Mexican song from the movie 'La Bamba' a lot (Potti-teray! Potti-teray...was a part that stuck in my head. Of course it's wrong, but that's how I heard it haha)
- Coralista ~ My all-time favorite. A warm coral pink cheek powder, which smells like a bouquet of exotic sweetened flowers. I want a perfume that smells just like it. The gold shimmer of Coralista is not intimidating, which was what made me love it in the first place. I prefer to wear it with a bronzer most of the time. Coralista + Hoola = Invincible cheeks. Colorbar Peachy Rose is very similar to Coralista, if you want a dupe. See comparison here
- Dandelion ~ This classic ballerina pink finishing powder takes your complexion from dull to radiant in an instant...a celeb fave! - Benefit. Don't let the pale appearance of this fool you (like I was). I never considered buying this, but when I looked at it closely, I was smitten. It is so pretty! It is like a shimmery pale pinky-peach nude lip gloss I have a weakness for (but don't have). I hesitantly applied this all over my face the other day, and was pleasantly surprised that it doesn't look OTT at all. The shimmer is very subtle & it just gives my skin a bit of pink glow. People with very pale skin with yellow undertones would depend on this daily. But, of course, I'd rather limit it to my cheeks only.
- Thrrrob ~ A "turned on" face powder. This is my least favorite of all, because it's too sheer and only shows if layered over another blush (usually cream). I guess it'll do more if applied all over the face, but I don't need more pink on my cool skin tone. Not so turned on by it, yo. But who can resist the corset, right?! I have a thing for corsets, so the collection would be incomplete without it :).
- Hoola ~ Bronze powder. Been eyeing this for more than a year before I bought it, and it's really worth the wait. The best thing about it is it's totally matte, no shimmer whatsoever. One of the best bronzer shades for my skin tone coz it's cool-toned. I think it would suit most light to medium/dark skin tones.
|Swatches (top to bottom) ~ Dandelion, Thrrrob, Bella Bamba, Coralista, Hoola|
Price ~ RM 130 (Rs.1950) each. It's $28 in America, so I paid about Rs.700 more for each =[ (It's really not fair! It no benefit my savings account.)
Availability ~ asos.com delivers internationally & so does benefitcosmetics.com . (But I have to say that I've never ordered from them, so I have no experience with their customer service.)
Which ones I'd repurchase? Coralista & Hoola.
I'm very excited to see what shades Benefit will come up with next. I imagine a bubblegum pink powder in a really pretty pink box with a little bit of bling. I better start saving for it ;)
♥ Cynthia Z ^.^
Disclosure : All products were purchased by me, except for Thrrrob, which was sent to by the generous people at strawberrynet.com for review ( in 2009 :))