Illamasqua Toxic Nature for Spring/Summer 2011
Unpredictable, uncharted and unnatural, Illamasqua unleashes Toxic Nature for Spring/Summer 2011, a colour collection born from a visionary concept of nature fighting back against the genetically modified society that plunders it. Illamasqua has created the Toxic Nature collection through a palette of lurid shades, corrupted hues and glistening muted tones that offer intoxicating versions of their original selves.
“Having an artist background highly influenced this collection. The medium of paint when it is in various states [mixed on a palette, on a canvas, the colours mutating when you wash your brushes] inspired the product colours of Toxic Nature. Blends, washes, dabs, drips, daubs and splashes of colour are evident in the imagery of the collection.” Alex Box, Illamasqua Creative Director.
Like nature itself, it’s not all sweetness and light. Shades of mint, mushroom, plum, orange and rose are distorted with rich textures and pops of acid-infused brightness that command attention and draw you in…
- Nail Vanish (£13.50) ~ Bacterium & Gamma
- Sheer Lipgloss (£13.00) ~ Torture
- Cream Pigment (£17.00) ~ Hollow, Dab, Mould
- Artist's palette for mixing and matching the Cream Pigments
First up are the Nail Vanishes:
- Bacterium - Pearlescent Ash Ochre
- Gamma ~ Neon Orange
Cream Pigments: A new matte formula that can either neutralise or dominate. Create the ultimate in textures whether it's on your face, eyes, or body, bringing a flash of color to a subtle contour.
- Hollow ~ This toffee shade is perfect as a contour on paler skintones. It also works brilliantly as an eyeshadow base on olive/darker skin tones.
- Dab ~ This gentle lilac is beautiful for eyes lips and cheeks, especially for a 60s look.
- Mould ~ Because every Spring collection needs a touch of darkness. This grape is stunning as a base for a smoky eye or intense, statement lip.
*I can't wait to play with these. Will review them later. For now just the swatches...
|Swatches ~ Hollow, Dab, Mould|
Last but not the least is my favorite of the moment, Sheer Lipgloss in Torture. It is such a pretty Coral Peach shade. The finish is glossy & non-sticky. I just adore the packaging.
I LOVE it!
Here's a silly/cartoon-ish photo I did not put up last time....
For more pics, please go HERE
Availability: Illamasqua is not available in India at the moment unfortunately. You can visit www.illamasqua.com to shop. They ship internationally.
♥ Cynthia Z ^.^
Disclosure: Products sent by brand for review. Honest opinion, as always.