Lakme Black Satin Kajal is a new product that was launched with the Gypsy Collection.
If you have been reading my blog since the beginning, you would probably know that my favorite kajal is the Lotus Herbals Natural Kajal , so I was very excited to try a new one. A girl need variety, right?
First things first, the pencil is so pretty with the gold floral design (mine got messed up coz of a nail polish accident, which I won't bore you with again)
- Jet black and intense
- Glossy & soft, so it's very gentle on the eyes.
- It's in pencil form so no worries about bacteria and stuff like that since you can sharpen it, unlike the Lotus & Himalaya Kajals.
- Perfect for smokey eyes. It can be smudged beautifully
- Now this could be my sharpener's fault, but I find it very hard to sharpen it. It's almost impossible to make the tip pointy without wasting a lot of product. *I'll try keeping it in the fridge before sharpening it next time*
- Smudging. But I guess it wouldn't be a 'kajal' if it doesn't. Not an issue for me, but thought I'd mention it.
Like I use all other kajals, I only use this to tightline and on my lower lash line. But just to give you a better idea of how it looks, I applied it on my upper lash line as well....
Application tip: If you want a precise thin line on your upper lash line, run an eyeliner brush on the kajal and apply. Then with the same brush, set the line with a black powder eyeshadow, so it won't smudge all over your lids.
Overall, I really like the Black Satin Kajal. Maybe more than the Lotus one, but let's talk about that next time, ya? :)
Price ~ Rs.150
Rating ~ ♥♥♥♥♥ 4/5
♥ Cynthia Z ^.^
Disclosure: This product was sent to me by PR for review purposes