I learnt to tightline my eyes back in the year 2000, when the movie 'Jungle' came out (Don't laugh! ;p) You know, the one with Urmila and Fardeen Khan? I loved that movie! I watched it about 4 times back then haha...
So, I was watching it and thought to myself, Urmila has no makeup on (coz she's a hostage in a jungle and all), but her eyes still look dark as though she has eyeliner on. How come?
I went close to the TV and stared at her eyes for a long time.
Ohhh...I get it! They applied eyeliner just on the inside! Yup,"the inside" was my exact thought. I was too much of a novice to think "lash line" and such words at the time.
From then on I started applying eyeliner there. I didn't know the term 'tighlining' until a few years ago.
*Now I don't know if I should send a 'Thank You' note to RGV or Urmila =D
Anyways, here's how I do it....
First, which type of eyeliners to use for tightlining:
Gel, pencil, kajal.
Gel~ With a flat/angled brush
Pencil & Kajal ~ Directly or with a flat/angled brush
~ With Pencil ~
Apply right on the roots of your lashes. You can also coat your lashes with it a little to make your lashes look darker.
~ Using a Brush ~
- Push the brush right onto the base of your lashes. Fill in all the gaps
- Use a Q-tip to wipe off any smudges outside your lash line.
- If you have very thin lashes like mine, apply a coat of not-so-volumizing mascara on your lashes, concentrating on the base. On your lower lashes too if you want.
I hope this is a helpful tutorial. Feel free to ask any questions.
- Avoid pulling and tugging at your eyes to prevent premature wrinkles and sagging. Instead tilt your head back so you can see the base of your lashes. If it's absolutely necessary for you to lift your lid, then use a Q-tip instead of your fingers. It's gentler for your delicate eye areas.
- If using a pencil, avoid applying in a haphazard way coz this might break or damage your lashes Use short strokes instead and try to apply in one direction.
- Don't use a liquid eyeliner. It is not safe for the insides of your eyes, and it won't last anyways.
♥ Cynthia Z ^.^