S-I-L: "Your hair looks thicker now. What did you do?"
She saw me in January '19 last, and said the above words in Feb '19. That's why I wrote "In 1 Month" in the title, it's not clickbait! 😄
1. I CHANGED MY SHAMPOO & oiled my hair. I was always using L'Oreal Vitamino Shampoo. I mix 2 shampoos together - an Aloe Vera & Bringha shampoos. I even left the Indulekha Bringha Hair Oil overnight.
2. I ask for Olaplex when I get my hair colored. They strengthen the hair bonds during chemical treatments. I've been meaning to the Olaplex No.3 to use at home.
3. I stopped using Dry Shampoo so much. I read that over-drying of the scalp & oil-absorbing build-up irritates the hair follicles, which ultimately leads to hair shedding. Makes sense to me, especially when I'm losing hair mostly on my crown/top areas. If I have to use one, I now use the Innisfree Don't Worry No Sebum Dry Shampoo, which leaves no white residue & doesn't feel heavy.
4. This is IMPORTANT if you live somewhere where there's hard water. I installed a water softener in the shower. I've realized for the longest time that it's the water in Gurgaon that's a major cause of my excessive hair loss, because after every hair wash, I see an unnatural amount of hair in the drain. After only 1 week of installing this...umm... invention, I could literally feel the weight of my hair again. It's made to reduces chlorine, limescale & other impurities in water. Now we have this installed on the tap, as well.
Got it from Amazon India HERE
*If you're getting this, please read the instructions properly. Apparently, you have to flip the filter inside every 45 days, which I missed reading.
5. Lastly, I stopped drinking WHITE WINE. After a bit of research, I found out white wine causes hair loss in several cases. I've stopped drinking alcohol altogether, but if I'm in the mood once in a while, I stick with beer or red wine.
Many of you have been telling me to post this for a while, so I apologize for the delay.
Hope it was helpful, if only to an extent.
I'm trying some new hair products, like a Hibiscus Shampoo, etc. More natural/organic stuff, without SLS & Parabens.
Will post an update in June.
|Facebook | Bloglovin' | Instagram|