HAPPY NEW YEAR, Everyone! =)
It took me a while to get into blogging mode, and after having trouble trying to decide which was gonna be my 1st post of the year, I'm going with the kind I personally like to have a look at on other blogs.....
Here are my TOP 17 Beauty Products of 2017. Stuff that I'll still be using this year.....
~ Makeup ~
1. MAC Face and Body Foundation: Pure Love for it! If you have never found a lightweight sheer coverage foundation that somehow blurs out your spots and makes your skin look more healthy, this is it. My shade is C2.
2. Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water: You know a primer is good when your makeup is recyclable the next day *insert see-no-evil monkey emoji here*. It was the holidays & freezing cold! I didn't want to love this, because it's expensive, but when my base looks more flawless with it....
3. L'Oreal Infallible Silkissime Eye Liner: The only black kohl I used all year. It's very black & super soft & long-lasting.
4. L'Oreal Le Matte Lip Pen 102 She's So Matte: This was my most favorite lipstick in 2017. It's very comfortable & just that kind of wearable pinky-nude. For more photos, please go here.
5. Deborah Milano Fluid Velvet Mat Lipstick 01 Antique Rose: My most used liquid lipstick last year, more often as a base under She's So Matte up there.
6. Maybelline The Falsies Waterproof Mascara: I bought 3 of these in 2017 alone, and I can say it's the best Maybelline Mascara for thin lashes.
~ Skincare ~
7. Laneige Water Sleeping Mask: Laneige's bread & butter, and rightly so. You apply this before sleeping, and the next day you'll look like you had a facial in your dream. Dry skinned peeps are gonna love this to bits. It's pricey, but small samples of it are sold on Ebay.
(Price: I bought it from Indonesia for around Rs.3000)
8. It's Skin Mango White Peeling Gel: It's a gel that works like a scrub to slough off dead skin. My skin texture looks & feels brand new after I use it - once a week. It's a game-changer for me, especially before I start using a new toner or serum (etc) product.
(Price: Rs.990? Not sure, will update)
9. L'Oreal Extraordinary Boosting Oil: I've been using this to prep my lips before lipstick mostly & it works like a charm. It worked like magic on the faces of those I recommended it to as well. I've not used a lot of facial oils, but this doesn't make me want to look for another.
10. The Face Shop Protect Me Hand Cream Avocado: Adorable packaging, good hand cream - it's a win win. I'm so sad it's empty now :(
~ Hair ~
11. Patanjali Kesh Kanti Aloe Vera Hair Cleanser (Shampoo): If you're struggling with hair fall, try an Aloe Vera Shampoo. I love this - it smells good, and the area where I was losing the most hair has noticeably improved.
~ Tools ~
12. The Body Shop Luxury Flannel Facial Washcloth: Bought is impulsively on sale, and it became real handy after I got eyelash extensions. It's especially useful when you don't want to splash water on your face. It hardens like a rock when dry, softens when wet. It's like a latex sponge in cloth form. I like it even more because it doesn't stain, you can wash all makeup & kohl stains of it.
13. Forever 21 Cloud Graphic Cotton Swabs: There are 500 pieces in there! I go through like 10 cotton swabs a day, and if you're curious, I use them to scoop out foundation too. I was so tired of always running out of the Johnson's ones. Still available at F21 HERE
14. Innisfree Cover Stamping Puff: It's a makeup sponge, that you can use either wet or dry.
I spray some Smashbox Primer Water on it, and it's like I'm using a Beauty Blender. For the price, it's a gem.
15. Clean & Clear Oil Control Film: Oil blotting sheets. The best I've ever tried till date.
I don't know why these aren't available in India yet! I stock up on them when I go to Bangkok.
(Price: Rs. ???)
16. Victoria's Secret Bombshell Rollerball Perfume: This is the first perfume I've ever really loved for the scent alone (coz I've always cared about the bottle more), and the one perfume that gets me the most compliments (esp in elevators). I'm gonna travel somewhere this year just so I can get my hands on the full bottle - I mean duty-free. You can check out my (old) Perfume Collection here.
(Price: I got it on sale for around Rs.2000)
~ Nail Polish ~
(Not in pictures, as I've misplaced it)
17. Colorbar Glitter Nail Polish: This deserves to be here, coz I wear this on top of every nail polish and on it's own. Worn here & here
If you're wondering why there are no Eyeshadows or blush in this list, it's because I've been using mostly the same ones! 2017 was the year I invested on skin & hair care more.
Thank You for visiting & have a wonderful 2018! :*
Which beauty product did you love most in 2017?
P.S. For all those waiting, my 2-year Korean Skincare Regime post is coming shortly.