Before you read this post, I'd like to tell you 5 things about my younger self:
1. One time, when I was a teenager, I had only Rs.150 in my pocket. I needed to spend it, of course. I bought a big heavy bottle of Peach Hair Conditioner. I think it was Herbal Essences, but I'm not sure. Now that was a time when we only used hair products that came in those 2-rupee sachets, so it was a big deal. I gave up Lassi & Puri Sabji at a popular joint for it. I went home (super hungry), and used it before attending a wedding. The tailor didn't stitch my dress that well and my shoes hurt like hell, but "I just used a pricey fancy conditioner....woohooo!!!"
2. (I've told this story before) When I was younger than, or about, 10 years old, my nanny gave me 5 rupees to buy my Mom a birthday present. I bought her a tiny lipstick. A green one. The kind that turns pink once applied. She didn't use it at all, but that thrill of buying a lipstick? I remember. To this day, I remember the little local shop with charcoal-stained & broken wooden walls, it was hot, you couldn't enter the shop, you could only point at what you want, I remember standing on tip toes to talk to the shopkeeper & then running home super duper excited, I remember.
3. I always looked forward to Sunday's Graphiti Magazine. Flipped it back to front, because first things first - The Beauty Tips section. Yes, I tried most, if not all, of them.
4. I used to love walnuts, I saved the shells, because I thought they looked too good to throw away. I didn't know what to do with them, but I had a feeling they were.... special. This was before my teens, so I knew nothing about walnut scrubs. Imagine older me finding 2 big packets of empty walnut shells on top of my textbooks in a cabinet!
5. Long before I could use makeup, meaning: school days, I applied Vaseline on my lashes to thicken & curl them. I'd pinch some lashes together - back then, just because. ← Beauty Hack right there.
What I wanted you to pick up from that is -
I LOVE BEAUTY PRODUCTS! I ALWAYS HAVE!
Okay! Now you are ready to read the post ;p
How many beauty products do I use everyday?
Cleansing Foam (Night)
Eye Cream (Day)
Eye Cream (Night)
Lip Balm Pot
Lip Balm Stick
Brow Gel/Clear Mascara
Micellar Water (makeup remover)
Hand Cream (Day)
Hand Cream (Night)
Total Number of products: 46
What's your number?
I reeaallly want to know! =)