Hi, Everyone! =) Please don't hate me for being away for 3 weeks! I was in my hometown for 2 weeks.... then I got the flu when I got back. I couldn't wait to come back here & wish you all A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR. I hope 2015 will bring you all the things you wish & pray for! BIG Hugs<3
Let's rewind to year 2014 a little & take a look at the beauty products that really stood out. There were so many great products that came to mind, but I carefully selected only products that I really really LOVED using - most of them everyday. I excluded "fancy" products, and put in more "practical" products for every budget.....
1. MAC Fluidline Brow Gelcreme, Rs.1150 ~ Best.Brow.Product.Ever! It defines & sets brows, it's waterproof and makes brows look really well-groomed. My shade is Dirty Blonde. Available in 2 more shades - Redhead & Deep Dark Brunette. Price: Rs.1100.
2. Inglot Nail Enamel #356 ~ Most-used nail paint of 2014. I just love this color on both my toes and fingers. I felt safe using it during my pregnancy months too, coz it does not contain toluene, formaldehyde, dibutyl phthalate (DBP) or camphor. Swatched here. Price: Rs.600.
3. Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Mascara (Waterproof) ~ The most memorable mascara of 2014. When you layer it 3-4 times, your lashes could be mistaken for falsies! Price: Rs.350.
4. Colorbar Just Smoky Kajal in Just Black ~ So black, so soft, so overused by moi. More pics & swatched here. Price: Rs.650.
5. Street Wear Color Rich Compact Powder ~ This has made its way into my handbag. I love how non-powdery & lightweight it is for a pressed powder. My shade is Neutral - Swatched here. Price: Rs.170.
6. Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick in Mauve It Over ~ When I bought this, I didn't think much of it. Little did I know it was going to be my favorite matte nude lipstick. I wore it here. Price: Rs.764 from UK.
7. Clinique Cheek Pop Blush in Peach Pop ~ It's perfection! I use a small stippling brush so that I don't mess up the design too soon. Will post swatches of it sometime. Price: Rs.2100 (You might get it cheaper online!)
8. Nivea Fruity Shine Watermelon ~ Smells and looks yummy. The shade is a really pretty raspberry pink. I couldn't show you coz I'd used it all up! Price: Rs.140.
9. L'Oreal True Match Foundation ~ Fail-proof base for me. My shade is Golden Beige. See how it transforms my skin here. Price: Rs.995.
10. MAC Paint Pot in Constructivist ~ After over 2 years, it's still one of my most favorite cream eyeshadows. I know it's been featured too many times on here, but I used it almost daily last year. It's my too-lazy-to-do-eye-makeup go-to product. Swatched here. Price: Rs.1100 (Probably more now that MAC has hiked up their prices.)
11. Vaseline Total Moisture Lotion ~ After Baby CZ arrived, both Mr.CZ's and my hands became so dry/rough/cracked like sandpaper because of a hand sanitizer we kept using like overly-cautious first-time parents that we were. So much so that they actually hurt...no, stung! We tried this out and.... we were healed!!! Price: Rs.60/100ml.
12. Olay Total Effects Day Cream Normal ~ I took a break from this for a few months, and that's all it took for me to realize how much this cream suits my skin (Combination). It really does even out the skin's texture & minimizes pores, like it claims. Price: Rs.349/20g (travel-size)
13. Bio Oil ~ Believe the hype, people! ZERO stretch marks after pregnancy! A detailed post is coming soon. Price: 450/60ml
14. L'Oreal Elnett Satin Hairspray ~ Curling hair without this is a waste of time! I say this because I had to live without it for a while - after returning to India, coz it's not easily available here. You can find it in some Beauty Salons (some that have it actually refuse to sell it! =\ ). I got it from Bella Madonna Salon. Price: Rs.575/500ml.
15. Sunsilk Natural Recharge Strong & Abundant Conditioner ~ With Ginseng Root & Oil, and it's Paraben-free. I've used both the shampoo & conditioner from this range, but weirdly, I find that this conditioner works better with other shampoos. Price: Rs.144/180ml.
Hope you enjoyed my first blog post of 2015.
Would love it if you too shared at least 1 OUTSTANDING product that you discovered in 2014.
Good Day, Everyone.
Talk again shortly.
P.S. Baby CZ is doing well. He's growing up so fast...the buttons on his onesies keep popping! =D