After hopeful & satisfying stories, I bring to you disappointing stories. Since I don't do reviews anymore, I thought I'd just put up good & bad products kind of posts. This one is about 6 products that I wasn't happy with.
***These are products that I personally did not like, and did not work for me. So, if you love them & they work great on you, don't worry & hate me. Every beauty product works differently on everybody =)
1. Garnier BB Cream (India Version) ~ I have proof (pics) that this flakes, and comes out like dead skin when layered and blended. Plus, the texture is too much like a tinted moisturizer. I use the original UK version, and I like it a lot even though it's a tad too oily. But it is soothing and I use it as a primer under foundation & powder, so it works. Garnier BB Creams are confusing, because of the different types, and the one launched in India might be a totally different concoction. I might try the Oil Free version, and see if it's similar to it.
2. MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick in Style Surge ~ I got this together with MAC Riri Woo, and I quite liked the finish when I tested it on my hand at the store + I found the shape of it very interesting. On my lips, it's not so interesting. The texture is buttery and slippery, so it just sits on top of my lips like it's waiting for me to wipe it off. If not for the heavy price tag (Rs.1680), I would have spared it from this list. I'll stick to the regular MAC lippies from now on.
3. Garnier Moisture Match Mattifying Fresh Cream With Green Tea Extract ~ This is super disappointing. When I apply it, I can feel the beads of silicone that take a while to disappear, like when you rub the dead skin off your lips, and somewhat like when there's lint on your moisturized skin, you know what I mean? I also find it a tad greasy. Such a shame, because I thought it was going to be different- fresh green tea different, not silicone-packed different. I'll use it on my
legsfeet before bed.
4. Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara (Waterproof) ~ I remember liking this a lot before I started this blog, and it was one of my favorite, and best, mascaras, BUT after trying a few holy grail-good ones recently, it's deficiencies are more noticeable. The huge plastic brush just doesn't work for my thin lashes. I guess this is closure for us. It might not be so bad if you already have full plush lashes, though.
5. Carmex Lip Balm ~ The one in a jar. I realized one day that it's actually drying my lips even more! The ones in squeeze tubes are great, though.
6. L'Oreal Color Riche Le Nail Art Stickers ~ Sigh. When I wore these, I felt like I had claws. I actually scratched myself a few times. The tips bubble and don't really stick to the nail. Maybe there's a better way to stick 'em, but it's like too much work! I'll stick to nail polishes and save time (30-45 mins the first time!) and money. I have not worn the ones shown here, but I wore another set (black with gold bits) here.
That's all for today. You all enjoy your Friday night! Me, no special plans, except watch Game Of Thrones & movies. I hope I find at least one good horror movie to watch. It's hard, because I've watched all of them, and the ones I really really want to watch have not been released yet! =D
Any disappointing beauty products you encountered recently? Warn me, okay?