We bid goodbye to 2013 tomorrow. Tomorrow! I wish I could extend it another month. Just 30 days. But nobody's listening to me. So I sit for hours making collages of things I'll take along with me to 2014, and things I've already let go of.
It was hard to pick out only some products, so I did my best to exclude a lot of the products from previous monthly favorites & disappointing beauty products posts. Let's say this list is very sorted out.
BEST Beauty Products 2013
2. MAC Cream Soda Blush from Archie's Girls Collection ~ Blush of the year! I love it SO MUCH. Swatches here
3. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer ~ Probably the best drugstore undereye concealer. I regret not trying it sooner. Now I want to try the powder too!
4. Pond's White Beauty BB Cream ~ A pocket-friendly BB Cream that can put a lot of hi-fi ones to shame. It also works as an eyeshadow primer. Review here
5. Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick #11 Fraise Remix ~ Drugstore lippie, high-end color. Pics here
6. Real Techniques Expert Face Brush ~ I practically lived on this brush this year because it blends everything in a jiffy, it's easy to clean and dries quickly.
7. Babyliss Volume Waves Tong ~ It's like my magic wand. The only tool that can give my hair shape now that it's very long and badly needs a cut. Used here
8. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain Sweetheart ~ Most-used lip crayon. Swatches here.
9. YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick ~ Madly in love with these! Hopefully, one day next year, I'll have all the shades. Swatches of #19 Fuchsia In Rage here
10. Sleek Oh So Special Eyeshadow Palette ~ This is one drugstore palette to own! It's like a summary of all the Urban Decay Naked Palettes. Swatches here
11. Max Factor 2000 Calorie Curved Brush Mascara ~ My most favorite mascara this year. I strayed from it, and realized it's unbeatable. Length, Volume, No clumps. I gotta repurchase. Shown here.
12. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Astringent/Clarifying Lotion & Effaclar Duo ~ Life-changing twosome . Holy Grail. Pimply skin saviors. Blemish-free skin.
*More Best Beauty Products here
Worst Beauty Products 2013
1. Revlon PhotoReady BB Cream ~ Too OILY! No coverage. Layering just means more oil. Don't know what else to say.
2. The Body Shop Wild Rose Hand Cream ~ L'Occitane Rose Hand Cream copycat. A bad- smelling one at that. Like cheap agarbatti (incense). Not moisturizing enough + I have little flaky bumps on the back of my hands that appeared right around the time I started using it.
3. Maybelline The Eraser Concealer ~ This was a shock, coz I read rave reviews. I find it too greasy. It may work better on very dry skin, but I must say the coverage also fell short, so I'm not so sure. I'd suggest Fit Me Concealer up there to anyone.
4. Fade Out Nourishing Night Cream ~ I've told you before that it smells like socks! I would have easily overlooked that if it did anything special. It also made my skin break out. I think it's one product I really really regret buying this year coz it's not cheap.
5. Bourjois Happy Light Foundation ~ Turns orange when blended, oxidizes, whatever you wanna call it. I wonder how it'll work on legs, hmm. Swatched here.
6. Sleek True Colour Lipstick (Heartbreaker) ~ Worst.Lipstick.Ever. Patchy matte. Looks like peely glue on lips.
7. Tresemme Split Remedy Masque ~ My hair ends felt like they expanded. Difficult to detangle.
8. Clearasil Rapid Action Vanishing Treatment Cream ~ Claims to make pimples reduce in size/redness in 4 hours. I watched the clock, I depended on it one time. 10 hours later, I was the only one who still cared.
*More Worst & Disappointing Beauty Products here.
What are your Best & Worst Beauty Products this year?
We're got back from Glasgow on Saturday. I was so beat and fell a little sick. But got some nice little bargains on Boxing Day (26th Dec Sales) to make me feel better. Started packing for India last night. 2 weeks, baby! =)
(....and yes, I get to buy an extra luggage. I hope for something
floral leather with a matching hat box. I don't have hats.)