Remember when my handbag was stolen in Goa when I'd gone for a holiday with my friends in 2011? Remember I told you the only thing that wasn't in the stolen handbag was my makeup bag? Or maybe I didn't mention it here, and just tweeted? I don't recall. Okay, I'll just tell you the gist:
While a bar/restaurant on a beach, I stood up for 2 mins to talk on my phone. I came back and my handbag wasn't on my chair anymore. This happened while all my friends and Mr.CZ were right there! We all went mad! When we sat down again, somebody pointed at my little makeup bag, sitting there on the center of the table among food & drinks. Oh, the joy! I must have taken it out to get a lipstick or something before that, and I'd forgotten to keep it back in my handbag. Quite strange, right?
This bag here is a new makeup bag, but I still have & use that one too in another handbag. How can I leave it when it didn't leave me?
- Too Faced Glamazon Eyeshadow ~ A gorgeous shimmery taupe eyeshadow, which makes a great cheek highlighter too.
- Benefit The Porefessional Face Primer Sample ~ Don't know if I like it, but I keep it in the bag in case
- Bourjois Cream Blush Nude Velvet ~ Cream blushes are better to keep in your handbag, because you don't need a brush.
- Accessorize Brow Kit ~ The brow powders could also double or triple up as eyeshadows & contouring powders - in emergencies. I love that it has tweezers, which I like to have with me. Shown here
- Le Teint Touche Éclat Foundation Sample ~ There's an offer at Debenhams- Buy this foundation and get 1 YSL Cream Blush FREE! So I got it to try first. My shade is BD30. I find it quite oily, but that also gives my skin a nice dewy glow. I don't know if I'd buy the big pricey version, but I wants the free cream blush so badly! =D
- Majolica Majorca Pressed Pore Powder ~ Compact powder! Very important. Read about powders here
- The Face Shop Mini Pet Hand Cream ~ Dry hands, my pet peeve. More pics here.
- Maybelline Cover Stick Concealer Medium Beige ~ Just an emergency concealer.
- On the left there: Garnier Pure Pimple Pen that I like to have with me, a sponge just in case, Q-tips.
- Too Faced Essential 3 Piece Brush Set ~ But I keep 2 more brushes in there. More pics here.
- Bourjois Fan-Tastic Volume Mascara ~ I find that this works better when layered over another mascara, and the brush helps comb & separate lashes.
- Carmex Cherry Lip Balm ~ Lips tend to get dry between touch-ups, so a lip balm can help soften & exfoliate them.
- Ardell Lash Grip Waterproof ~ LOVE this false lash glue + it's waterproof. When you wear false lashes, it's important to keep glue with you, in case they come off- usually at the inner corners!
- Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner ~ With an ultra fine 0.4mm tip. Shown here
- Bourjois Levres Contour Lip liner in #11 Enjoleuse ~ Shown in a tutorial here
- Lakmé Kohl Ultimate Pencil ~ Necessity
- Bourjois Effet Smoky Pencil Intense Black ~ This is great because it doubles up as an eyeshadow. Awesome when you want to transform from a subtle day look to a smokin' night look.
- IN2IT Sharpener ~ For eye pencils & lip pencils. My favorite.
I bought this heart-shaped mirror with my friends that same time in Goa. Costed only Rs.20-25, but I adore it. See it's got a little butterfly! =)
Of course everything fits! =)
Ivory gold studded make-up Bag is Atmosphere from Primark. Love that it's got 2 compartments. I realized I prefer multi-compartments to single compartment for makeup, so you don't have to rummage through so much & the products don't bang together. This was for only Rs.250. Also shown here.
Oh, and the pink bow brush......
Etude House Portable Ribbon Brush ~ I mentioned here that the brush is shorter on one side, so the seller (RubyRuby on Ebay) refunded half the money. I will live with the lopsided-ness, because it's uber cute, super soft, and ya, portable!
Phew! I feel like this took forever! I hope I mentioned everything that's in the pictures.
If you want to snoop more & want to see the makeup bag that didn't want to go to the thieves, I have also done What's In My Makeup Bag 2011 here.
Hope you enjoyed this post! Anything special you keep in your make-up bag that you don't see in mine?