I want to RAVE about my La Roche-Posay Effaclar products before I repurchase them. Look how much of that astringent I've used up! The Duo will also be empty in a few days.
Before I started using these 2 products, I was getting pimples frequently, and I thought, 'adult acne'. It was frustrating, and you may have seen me trying my best to conceal one here.
[Please Note: Skin care products work differently on everybody, and although these work for me, they may not work for you.]
My Skin Type: Combination, acne-prone, dry patches in some areas.
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Lotion Astringent Micro-Exfoliant ~ This is a clarifying lotion. It helps to unblock and reduce the appearance of pore size, due to the combination of cleansing agents and micro-exfoliant LHA (Google LHA to learn about it, okay?) To use: dampen cotton with it, and apply gently to face, avoiding eye contour. I am telling you, this is the stuff to use if you wear foundation regularly and you want your skin to feel super clean. Face wash doesn't really clean your skin properly. It has alcohol, but it does not dry out my skin.
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo ~ Described as Corrective & Unclogging Anti-Imperfection Care that reduces the appearance of imperfections and unclogs sebum-blocked pores. This is a light moisturizer, that is not at all greasy. Sometimes, for 2-3 mins after I've applied it, my face starts itching like crazy, but then it stops. Weirdly, this itching happens in UK more, and I don't remember it happening in India. Maybe it's the cold? I don't know.
*Both are Paraben-Free. Please visit the La Roche-Posay website if you need to see the ingredients list.
How I Use Them: [Night: Both.] | [Morning: Just the Effaclar Duo, after I've splashed my face with only water.]
Why They Are Awesome:
- For the first time, I got compliments (in my mother tongue) like "Your skin looks watery (meaning:dewy)" when I wasn't wearing any makeup at all!
- Almost all the pimple scars from last year are gone.
- Now I feel okay not putting on foundation when I go out. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying my skin is perfect, I still have other issues to conceal, but it looks healthier.
- My face is baby bottom smooth now. I used to feel little invisible bumps on the sides of my face, but now they gone! And yes, they do reduce the appearance of pores.
- I started using these in February. I have had maybe 3 small/minor breakouts since then (touchwood!)
- I've ditched night creams, scrubs (I used one recently and my skin couldn't handle it, so I got 2 tiny short-lived pimples). These are the only products I've been using on my skin, apart from cleansing oil, face wash & eye cream.
- I know it's mainly because of my attire and makeup, but I want to show off that a Scottish guy thought I was 18-19 years old =D (as if!) Oh, it happened at a bar, and he he was quite drunk, haha!
Will They Suit Dry Skin? I think they would, because my dry/flaky patches are almost gone, and my skin actually feels more hydrated from within, rather then oily/combination. I'd suggest you try the astringent, because it exfoliates the rubbish that prevents the skin from glowing.
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Lotion Astringent Micro-Exfoliant ~ £9.35 | Rs.776
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo ~ £11.05 | Rs.918
They are available in India. Check online stores for better deals.
My Rating ~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥ 6/5
Any skin care products you're loving this much?
P.S. See? None Review wasn't so bad, was it? Although this is an exception, coz it's skin-related ;)