May is not over yet, but I'm in the mood to talk about my May Favorites now.
We start with makeup, as always. From the back:
- Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer ~ This, this is THE BEST CONCEALER. No kidding. It's great for under the eyes, it conceals blemishes, it does it all! And yes, it lasts. It's available in 4 shades- Fair, Light, Medium, Deep. I use #3 Medium (which was always out of stock!) I think my tube is broken somewhere, because the concealer keeps leaking out- messy, messy! The best thing about it- it costs only around Rs.350 (£4.19). This is one thing I'll be buying in bulk when I leave UK =D
- NARS Loose Powder in Beach ~ This powder has a lot of yellow in it, that's why I like it. It's smooth and lightweight, and sets my foundation without looking cakey. It reminds of Ben Nye Banana Powder, which I've yet to try out.
- Maybelline Crayon Oriental Kohl Intense Black ~ I don't want to finish my repurchased Lakme Kohl Ultimate so soon, so I've been using this. It's soft & black, and hardly smudges.
- MAC Cream Soda Betty Blush from Archie's Girls Collection ~ As I predicted, I ended up loving this light neutral coral blush with a satin finish. Although it looks light, it actually shows up quite coral on my cheeks. Maybe the micro shimmers in it attract attention. Swatches here & LOTD wearing it here
- Sleek Oh So Special Palette ~ When I bought this, I had no idea I'd be using it so much. It has almost every eye shadow I need for everyday. Swatches here.
- Revlon Just Bitten Lip Balm Stain in Sweetheart ~ Most-worn lippy from April-May. Swatches here
- Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick #16 ~ A summery grapefruit pink lippy I reach for every time I think medium pink lipstick. Swatches here
- Maybelline The Falsies Black Drama Mascara ~ This is different from the original "The Falsies", okies? Aside from having a fancier lace design, it's also better for my thin lashes. The formula is thicker, and it does make my lashes look like falsies. I have done a post on the original here
- Maybelline Colorama Cremoso Nail Polish Equilibrista ~ I'm liking this girly lilac color more than pink on my fingernails these days.
Here, we have my favorite skin care & a hair tool:
- The Body Shop Raspberry Body Butter ~ Raspberry is the new Strawberry.
- Veet Oriental Wax ~ This comes with wax, wooden spatula & strips. My 1st time waxing at home, and it was a success! Basically, you just heat the container in microwave, or place it n hot water, and it's ready to use! It didn't irritate my skin too much, or caused too many bumps. I'm afraid to even guess how much the salons here in Scotland charge for waxing whole body.
- Carmex Cherry Lip Balm ~ It took me a while to get used to the cherry scent, after using the original/plain. But now I like it a lot.
- The Face Shop Mini Pet Hand Cream ~ More pics here. I need more of these cuties. better than L'Occitane.
- Babyliss Volume Waves Curling Tong ~ I.Can't.Live.Without.This. I've been curling my hair every 3rd day now. When it's straight-straight, I feel....ordinary.
Leather Jackets ~ I've been living in furnace Delhi for so long, that I never had a chance to really indulge in leather jackets, but now I want so many types! Every second girl in UK wears a leather jacket, and every time I see a unique one, I get this urge to go up to the girl and request her to show me the brand tag inside (Let me see! Let me see! Take it off!) Ooh, look at that- Zara, with ruffle detail. Want!
Mama Hot & Spicy Noodles ~ OMG, these are so spicy! Although I do add extra chilli powder & pepper. They're awesome! If you live in Delhi, you might find them in INA Market or big supermarkets.
Macaroons or Macarons (whatever) ~ I tried, I LOVE! Thank goodness, because I've told you I don't like sweets and cakes and chocolates much. But these are so different & fun to eat- just like I imagined in my head (although a little less crunchy). My favorite flavor is Pistachio (green). Btw, these were from Marks & Spencer.
Current Favorite Song ~ Thanks To H&M for introducing me to it. It's always playing in the store, and I'd never heard it before. I noted down some words from the lyrics, and went home to Google. You know, I heard it in both Dundee & Edinburgh H&M stores. They must be promoting it, or something =D
Lastly, I'm watching Sex And The City from Season-1 again these days. I'm amazed at how much I'd forgotten. Last night, I watched 'The Baby Shower' episode, where Miranda said to Carrie:
"I just realized...maybe it's maturity or the wisdom that comes with age... but the witch in Hansel & Gretel, she's very misunderstood. I mean, the woman builds her dream house and these brats come along and start eating it."
Haha! Her bluntness, so hilarious.
That's all from my side. What are your May Favorites?