The first time I saw Revlon Colorstay Whipped Crème Foundation, I thought "Ooh, I want to dip & swirl my finger in it!"
The first time I used it, I was so wowed by it's decadent texture I ended using too much....and my hands were a mess!
About Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup:
A new whipped crème foundation with time-release technology that provides all day flexible wear that won’t cake or flake. The smooth, silky texture of ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup blends right into your skin, with no heavy or cakey feeling. The formula, containing silk and botanicals, goes on silky smooth with coverage you can build to even out skin tone. Presented in a sleek glass jar, the luxurious crème makeup leaves a soft matte finish that will enhance any complexion. Skin looks flawless with up to 24 hours wear!
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Time release technology balances skin for a continuously flawless look.
- This next-generation patent-pending whipped crème formula feels lightweight and comfortable, so makeup looks flawless all day, without rubbing off
- Bouncy, whipped formula feels ultra light and silky smooth
- Soft Matte finish
- Buildable to full coverage
- Wears up to 24hrs
- Fragrance Free
- Oil Free
Natural Ochre, Warm Golden
Natural Ochre 180
Warm Golden 320
Dipping your fingers to scoop out the product every time is obviously unhygienic. I use a little plastic spatula that came with the Pond's Gold Radiance Night Cream
Swatches: Natural Ochre, Warm Golden
Blended: Natural Ochre, Warm Golden
Warm Golden is the closest shade to my skin tone, but I like to use Natural Ochre only under my eyes and any areas that need brightening.
Let's get to what's important.....
- The texture is amazing! It's rich & light at the same time. It smooths out fine lines, fills up big pores, and makes my skin look plump & healthy. If you have pigmentation/acne scars/wrinkles, this is definitely worth a try.
- It's light to heavy coverage. It depends on how much you use.
- Finish is between matte & dewy, but closer to matte. Doesn't really need powder on top, unless maybe if it's too hot/humid..
- You get a lot of product in one pot. You only need very little every time, so it's gonna last. That's why the price tag is not bad.
- The thick consistency makes it a great under eye concealer too.
- Has SPF 20.
- It is oil free & fragrance free.
- On me, it lasted for at least 15 hours without looking greasy or worn-out.
- Drugstore product, high end packaging.*
- *Packaging. The glass jar is quite heavy. Definitely not travel-friendly + it gets messy when removing the the white cover. I do prefer whipped stuff in jars, but they are inconvenient.
- Because it's thick, it could clog pores and cause pimples for skin types that are prone to breakouts, like mine. After the first 2-3 times I used it, I ended up with pimples on my forehead, corner of my nose & chin. I was afraid to use it again. After a few weeks, I started wearing it again, and after using it for 2 days continually, I only got a pimple on my hairline near my temple (La Roche-Posay Effaclar products I'm using could be preventing the darn things from overtaking my face.) Fear of pimples is the reason I'm not putting up Before & After face swatches in this review. But I will wear it in a LOTD one day.
- Although it has a silky texture, it can emphasize dry areas on your face. For me, it tends to look a little flaky on my forehead between my brows.
How To Use: Moisturize face well before using it so won't look cakey. I find that it blends better with fingers rather than a brush. I guess the warmth of fingers melts & spreads the thick consistency faster. You need very little product for your whole face- like, 2 small dots.
Is It For You? If you're looking for full coverage, this is by far the best I've ever tried. If you prefer liquid foundations & tinted moisturizers, you won't be mighty impressed with this.
Price ~ Rs.800
Available in 3 Shades ~ Natural Ochre, Warm Golden & Natural Tan
My Rating ~ ♥♥♥♥♥ 4/5.
*Products in this post were sent by brand for consideration. All opinions are my own & based on my personal experience, like always.