Hola! This is my first Empties blog post. I gathered up all the products I've used up and a few that will be empty within a week. Some- because I love them so much. The rest- because they're not bad.
- Batiste Cherry Dry Shampoo ~ LOVED! Basically, you just spray the white powdery thing on your roots, and your unwashed hair will go from greasy to bouncy & voluminous! I can't tell you how many times this saved my hair from looking like Marilyn Manson's (Tell me, how does this scary-looking man snag all the hot chicks???) I'm getting Lace and Blush next.
- VO5 Give Me Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner ~ It took trying out a few other shampoos & conditioners for me realize these were awesome. They made my hair really silky, especially the conditioner. Definitely using them again.
- Dove Colour Radiance Express Treatment Conditioner ~ This was a free sample with a magazine, but I really liked how the pink + white stuff smelled. Will probably buy a full size version someday.
Face & Body:
- Nivea Cashmere Moments Cream Oil Shower Cream ~ Nice winter/dry skin shower cream. Smells nice, but not good enough for me to remember the scent.
- Pond's Age Miracle Daily Regenerating Facial Foam ~ Been using this for over 5 months. There's still a bit left, but I'm very bored of it now. It has a gritty texture which makes it a mild exfoliating & foamy facial wash that leaves skin feeling super clean. I bought this by mistake, actually. I wanted to get the new version - Pond's Cell Regen Facial Foam - but I somehow bought this one instead on one confusing shopping day in Lajpat Nagar Market.
- Garnier Ultra Lift 2-in-1 Serum & Cream ~ I showed you this before here. It's not highly moisturizing like most anti-ageing serums/creams, but it is a light moisturizer that suits oily/combination skin, especially for day time. Definitely won't repurchase it.
- Garnier Dark Spot Corrector ~ It didn't "correct" any dark spots, but it was a nice and refreshing moisturizer for both day & night. Probably won't repurchase it.
- The Body Shop Shea Body Butter ~ I used this up in a month, I think. Not because I like it too much, but because I didn't find it buttery enough. I ended up scooping big chunks of it every time. It was kind of hard and matte compared to other TBS Body Butters, like Raspberry. Maybe it's just the cold here, I don't know.
- Lakmé Perfect Radiance Intense Whitening Face Wash ~ I liked using this when I had pimples and I wanted them to dry out quickly....and after that, to help prevent them from scarring. It's great for oily skin because it makes skin look & feel quite matte, and it does brighten up the complexion.
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Pink Truffle ~ Look at it now! This is the first lippie I've finished so quickly! It's just a great everyday/mlbb shade that I reach for almost every time I'm unsure which lipstick to put on (and because I held back from the one below). Swatches here
- MAC Patisserie Lipstick ~ You could say this is my Holy Grail Nude Lipstick. I was afraid to use this one up coz I didn't want to repurchase it from the UK (costs more). Now that I'll be in India soon, I'll start wearing it again. Swatches here
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gloss In Touch Of Toffee ~ You know this is my favorite lip gloss. I bought another one before this was even finished, so I wasn't bummed when the doe foot applicator of this one couldn't fetch any more lip gloss. Review & swatches here.
- Carmex Moisturising Lip Balm ~ Best overnight-curing lip balm I've ever used. Already repurchased 2 (shown here)
- Lakmé Eyeconic Kajal ~ I don't know if I'll repurchase this any time soon, but it is a good kajal. Too many options with black eye pencils, so it makes ore sense to try everything else first.
- Bourjois Effet Smoky Pencil in Smoked Brown ~ I'll never ever stop buying this pencil! I already have a backup.... that I want to backup =)
Let me know if you like Empties posts.... to do them again or not.
Any special products you've used up greedily recently?
Also, do you find it hard to throw empty containers in the trash? Especially the attractive ones? I can't bring myself to throw away TBS Body Butter (it's Body Shop!), Batiste Dry Shampoo (aww...cherries!), Garnier Serum (it used to be swirly inside!), Maybelline Lip Gloss (aww...), I finished the VO5 products more than a month back (err, cute bottles.) Okay, okay! I'll stop and bin them right away. Yes, I will.
♥ Cynthia Z *.*