Here's a "Personality Test" I made up while writing this review:
Look at the capsules in the pic above. What else do you think they look like?
A. You think they look like bowling pins.
B. You think they look like dead bodies.
C. You think they look like hibernating robots.
D. All of the above.
***Pick only one. Results at the end of this post.
I have used up all the Lakmé Perfect Radiance 4 Week Intense Whitening Capsules Treatment a few weeks ago. Well, I kept one for security.... but that is gone too, coz I had to use it to make sure what the serum inside smells like. I'm that forgetful.
Claims: A power dose of skin lightening vitamins and anti-oxidants that work in synergy to enhance your skin's natural radiance. Each capsule contains a luxurious, lightweight serum that effortlessly seeps into your skin, leaving it perfectly radiant. Pure Vitamin C encapsulated in Microsponge helps in continuously releasing potent skin lightening vitamins into your skin's epidermal cells.
There are 28 capsules. Use 1 capsule a day for 4 weeks.
I used these mostly with my night time regimen. I used scissors to snip the tip off, coz I ended up pinching too much & squirting out the serum on the floor or on my clothes when I try to twist it off with fingers. In the pic above: that's all the serum from one capsule - from the head as well. The amount is enough for face & neck.
- They make my skin look radiant. I mean, really radiant. After I've used one capsule before bedtime, I always thought it's a shame I'd be smothering all that radiance with a quilt.
- Skin feels & look very smooth. Big pores look almost nonexistent.
- Although they contain Dimethicone (silicone), they did not cause any pimples.
- The serum makes my face look matte, as if powdered, but without the powdery look.
- They're fragrance-free.
- The serum is great for oily skin because it is lightweight, blends effortlessly into the skin, and leaves no residue on the surface. It feels like I have nothing on.
- They did help clear up fresh pimple scars faster.
- Pure Vitamin C! You need it if you have pigmentation-prone skin like mine. I don't drink orange juice, so I really appreciate it in cosmetics.
- Packaging is nice. A little too big & bulky for only 28 capsules, but I guess it suits the price tag.
- The capsules did not lighten stubborn dark spots at all.
- The serum might be too drying for very dry flaky skin. It's not moisturizing enough especially for night time, so I have to slap on (literally) another moisturizer on top of it when my skin feels too taut.
- Pricey. 45 rupees per capsule. 45 rupees for approximately half a teaspoon of yellow facial serum. Why no 40-50 capsules instead?
I enjoyed using these capsules, and I would gladly use another pot. Important thing is, they did exactly what they claimed- no more, no less.
Are They For You? If you're looking for a miracle treatment that will banish your dark spots & pigmentation, they will disappoint you. If you're looking for something to brighten up dull complexion, one capsule will make your skin look like you've been eating only green & leafy salads..... with
dressingpearls on the side.
Price ~ Rs.1250 for 28 capsules.
My Rating ~ ♥♥♥♥♥ 4/5
Okay, Personality Test Results:
- You picked A: You are normal. A little too normal.
- You picked B: You are not normal....and you're probably hooked to Dexter & before that, Saw.
- You picked C: You are a little bit eccentric. You also thought that container could be a spaceship, didn't you?
- You picked D: You think way too much. Weirdo.
So, which one did you pick? I really want to know. Don't worry, I usually get along with all 4 types ;)
♥ Cynthia Z *.*
Disclosure: Product is a Press Sample sent for consideration. Review is based on my own experience & all opinions are my own, as always.