A reader wrote to me & asked which lipstick Kareena Kapoor is wearing in song Muskaanein Jhooti Hai from the movie Talaash. She sent me the video, and I was blown away by Kareena's lipstick & her overall look. I think I'm more intrigued by this lipstick than that red one Adele wore at the Grammy's, which her make-up artist is so hush-hush about.
For the last 2 nights & a day, I've been going crazy trying to create Kareena's lipstick color. You know we've been over this in that post Lipsticks That Don't Exist, and it's not that plum we were looking for. This one is different, and it evidently does exist! Question is: WHAT IS IT???
It could be the lighting & all that jazz during the video-making, but it's definitely a plummish-red or reddish-plum. A very pigmented one. I think it's made up of a variety of stuff, and not just one lipstick. The color should look as rich & pigmented as MAC Ruby Woo with only a little bit of sheen.
I'd been playing around with the lippies I have. I think I kind of nailed it last night at 2 am, but I couldn't click a proper photo at night time, so I had to clean it all up (and sleep with very stained lips). I re-did it today, and it didn't turn out quite the same!
What I used:
- Base - Benefit Benetint. I wish I had a plum Bourjois Hi-Tech Lip Tint
- Plum- MAC Rebel & Maybelline The Jewels Berry Brilliant
- Red- Deborah Milano Atomic Red #05 & MAC Marilyn Monroe Love Goddess
- Fuchsia- Make Up Forever Rouge Artist Intense #36 Satin Fuchsia - This is an important shade here.
- Black - Since I didn't take my only black lipstick- NYX Penelope - with me, I used Maybelline Black Lasting Drama Gel Liner. I mixed it on the back of my hand first, and didn't just apply it straight on my lips =D
After hours of layering, blotting and countless tissues....
It's still too dull-looking. It needs some maroon lipstick/lip liner or a matte plum eyeshadow dabbed on top for that semi-matte look. I don't have any of those at the moment, so this is the best I could do.
Here's the video if you guys want to see Kareena in one of her best looks....
Anyone with lipstick suggestions? PLEASE! =)
♥ Cynthia Z *.*