I know that good make-up brushes are so expensive. I know. I've had my eye on these cute cute makeup brushes for a long long time, but they're just so frickin' pricey!
So, I thought I'd do a tutorial using only my priceless God-given tools. Hopefully, it'll come in handy to students & those who don't want to waste 'fashion' money on brushes.
I've been wearing this look a lot lately, and it's very very easy to do! Takes me about 2 mins to do everything. Both eyes.
Eyeshadows: Maybelline On And On Bronze Color Tattoo, Urban Decay Blackout & Half Baked from Naked 2 Palette, Inglot #30 shine from my Candy Palette
Eyeliner: Maybelline Master Precise Ink Pen Eye Liner, Rimmel Extreme Definition Two-Tone ye Definer black.
Eyelash Curler (not shown): QVS
Mascara: Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Definition (pink tube)
- Stick a 2-inch sellotape on the outer part of your eye, as shown. I wanted the upper shadow to meet with the shadow on my lower lash line. Important: Dab sticky side a few times on the back of your hand to take off excess glue, so it doesn't spoil your foundation or leave any residue.
- Ring Finger: Apply a shimmery bronze cream shadow all over lid all the way to the sellotape edge. I used Maybelline On And On Bronze Color Tattoo.
- Ring Finger: With the same finger, gently pat a gold shimmer eyeshadow on top of the base color, but leaving the edges so the base color still peeks. Blend any harsh edges with the finger gently. I used Urban Decay Half Baked.
- It should look something like that.
- Pinky Finger: Take a matte black eyeshadow and apply on the outer 1/4th of your lid starting from the sellotape edge, stroking the black inwards. I used Urban Decay Blackout.
- Keep layering the black as dark you want it to be.
- It'll look like that, but we'll get back to it again in a bit.
- Pinky Finger: Apply a shimmery cream gold highlight color on the inner tear duct areas, and blend it into the lid color. I used Inglot #30
- Pinky Finger: With the pinky again, apply the same bronze shadow on your lower lash line.
- Pinky Finger: Apply the same matte black shadow on the outer half of lower lash line on top of the bronze.
- Line your eyes with black liquid/gel liner. To wing it or not depends on you. I winged it just a little. Winged Eyeliner tutorial here
- Peel off the sellotape. Tada! Your eyeshadow line will look neat & sharp as if you've used a brush.
- Line waterline with black kohl pencil all the way to the tear ducts. Also Tightline your upper lash line
- Pinky Finger: Now it's time to blend in the black shadow again. If you can do this while the sellotape was still on, even better. I pat some more shadow & took it a little more towards the middle. [Out of habit, I wanted to rush to the end, and come back to the middle. The same when I'm reading a magazine.]
- Apply a generous amount of black mascara on top lashes, and a coat of it on lower lashes.
*If I made any mistake with the explanations (as always), I will come back to edit later =)
The sellotape does prevent clumsy smudging, especially if you have chunky fingers. But without sellotape makes my eyes look more rounded & natural.
Don't forget that you can always use other colors. Try a green base color- super pretty!
If you want the Leona Lewis eyes, with your pinky apply & smudge the black shadow on your top lash line & use a pencil or gel liner instead.
*Not that I think it looks that great, but I swear to God I didn't cheat & blend anything with brushes... haha!
Hope this was helpful! Full look with these eyes coming shortly. 2 birds =D
*UPDATE: Full look here
♥ Cynthia Z *.*