So many of you have asked me about hair straightening, so I thought I'd talk about the 2 treatments I got done- Schwarzkopf Strait Therapy (Permanent Hair Straightening) & L'Oreal Hair Spa Treatment.
In these pics, I'd just gone for the L'oreal Hair Spa Treatment at a salon in Delhi a few days before leaving.
*OMG that looped hair is driving my crazy! This is what happens when I'm not in control of the camera.
Schwarzkopf Strait Therapy- This is a permanent straightening procedure which lasts upto 6 months. This is my 3rd time getting it done, I think. I got the Lakmé Hair Serenity, and my hair was calm and manageable. But when I reached my hometown, it became very frizzy because of the humidity there. It would pouf up & wouldn't fall, you know what I mean? So, I went for it. I knew that I'd want to get it done eventually, and it'll cost more in Delhi & UK. I was very happy with the results- straight & heavy hair. BUT it made the ends very very dry & frizzy, they completely lost their elasticity. They would get tangled together which made it impossible to comb through without breakage. So....yes, time for some TLC. Uff, one problem after another!
- Tip 1: If you don't want your hair to get burnt, tell your stylist not to make the straightening iron too hot, or iron it too much. My friend doesn't let them iron at all, and her hair turned out just fine.
- Tip 2: Avoid getting it done during monsoon season, because your hair ends will frizz more. That's what I experienced.
Price: Rs.4500. It costs above Rs.7000 in the New Delhi. I know some small salons do it for Rs.2500, but very risky....haha! If you want it done for somewhat FREE (you'd probably have to pay only for the straightening cream), go to a Hair Academy, where students will do it for practice. I've done it on other people while I was studying in one, and they were happy with the results =)
L'Oreal Hair Spa: This is a deep conditioning treatment for chemically treated hair. I got it done the weekend before leaving, which is about 2-3 weeks after the Schwarzkopf Strait Therapy. You're supposed to go for this treatment a week after permanent straightening. Steps: Spa Shampoo, towel dry, spa cream application, head massage, steam for about 10 mins, rinse, done. Your hair will be super smooth & soft, and it'll smell amazing! Price: Rs.1200. You can also do it at home if you can get the products.
That's me under the steamer. Wearing the gown they provided, btw =D
There's the loop again...grr!
After care Products:
- Use moisturizing shampoo & conditioner. I usually go for the ones "For Dry & Damaged Hair"
- Deep Conditioning Hair mask once-twice a week. Go for the ones for dry hair.
- Leave-in Conditioner is necessary if your hair is very dry. It does what body lotions do for the skin.
- Use a serum if your hair lacks shine, and if you're not opposed to silicone. There are so many out there- L'Oreal, Matrix, etc.
Hair products I'm using right now:
- VO5 Give Me Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner ~ They do make my hair feel softer.
- Organix Moroccan Argan Oil ~ I like it. It does make the ends less frizzy & shiny, and it smells really good. I want to try the very pricey original Moroccan Oil to compare.
- Dove Hair Fall Therapy Combing Serum ~ This works!Shown here
- VO5 Miracle Mist ~ Have not used this much, so I don't know how how I feel about it yet.
My hair got even drier because I colored it again, so it needs plenty of moisture & oil & a lot of pampering. I have to apply something after towel-drying. I'm still on the lookout for products with superpowers, so I will be back with another post when I find them. Hopefully before Christmas.
Wishing You A Very Happy Dussehra! =)
♥ Cynthia Z *.*