If you see a new dark spot every 2-3 weeks, like I do, every whitening/lightening cream will call out to you.
"Try me! Yes, try me! I will change your fac..... life! C'mon now, why you walking away from me??? Hey!" That's the frickin' pricey one talking (the one in white packaging). You flee from it before you succumb to it's seduction, because you know it'll never measure up to your expectations, especially if you have to shell out more than the what you'd have to for 2 MAC lipsticks for it.
You usually settle for something that will still leave room for lipsticks, like my current hope-inducing lightening day cream- Pond's White Beauty Daily Spot-less Lightening Cream. It is a brand new formula, and different from the one launched a few years back, which I did not like at all. This one claims to 'work with your skin'
A Little About It:
It works with your unique skin to inhibit the production of melanin, reducing dark spots and lightening skin from the source. The GenWhite formula is also unique because it is our first ever vanishing cream formula that is proven to be SPF20 PA++ sunscreen system. It provides protection from more than 93% of UVB rays that burn skin when directly exposed to the sun and UVA rays that your skin doesn’t feel oily and heavy with sunscreen. The GenWhite technology was formulated by selecting over 1000 whitening ingredients and contains special ingredients that are scientifically proven to work with your skin.
If you like Fair & Lovely Multi-Vitamins, you are going to love this one, because it disappears into the skin very quickly & does not make the upper lip beady with sweat, like F&L does (you know what I'm talking about). It's definitely better for me, coz Mr.CZ despises the smell of F&L. He says it smells like drool! Really, I don't know whose drool smells like Fair & Lovely....haha! Hey, not mine, okay! =D
It's white, and not pinkish like the old version
What I like about it:
- Apart from the brightening-cum-mattifying benefits it provides my oily skin, it also helps dry up pimples faster and - if I'm not mistaken - prevents the scars they leave behind from looking too dark.
- If you don't want to wear foundation or compact powder, this could be that product that'll make your face look like you are sort of wearing them.
- It seems like it mimics the texture of my skin. ***
- Though it looks matte, it doesn't make skin feel stretched. It somehow feels like it adds some elasticity to it.
- It has a nice talcum-ish smell that goes away in seconds.
- It has SPF PA++. What's the big deal? SPF only protects your skin from UVB rays. PA protects your skin from UVA rays, rays that can reach within the epidermal layer of your skin causing ageing & dark melanin production So, if you have hyperpigmented skin & stubborn spots, like mine, your sunblock/cream should have SPF as well as PA pluses. Just SPF is not enough.
What I don't like about it:
- The packaging, though cute, is bulky & heavy. The narrow base & wide top makes it hard to twist the cap open. I've dropped it a couple times too. Definitely not travel-friendly, at least for me. Only good thing about it is, it's pink!
- It has to be blended very quickly, otherwise it'll dry up before you know it ***
Will it suit all skin types?
It may leave a whitish cast on dry skin types, because it's got a very dry texture that feels almost rubbery when it touches the skin, which makes it even harder to blend it in. In this case, I'd suggest you use a toner/rose water first.
Does it diminish dark spots?
I've used it for over a month, and I have not noticed any difference in my stubborn brown spots. But like I said before, it does help heal pimple scars.
I will continue using it, and will update only if there are any dramatic improvements.
Price ~ Rs.249.00 for 50g
My Rating ~ ♥♥♥♥♥ 3.5/5
Disclosure: Product sent by PR for review. All opinions are my own, as always. To understand this better, please read my Policy Page