Happy Easter, everyone! I know I'm late.
So this is my broken nail polish painted egg. I thought I'd turn something utterly useless into "art" before I throw it in the garbage.
Nail Polishes used:
- Inglot Nail Enamel #721 (Worn here)
- Bourjois 1 Seconde Nail Enamel #17
- Colorbar Nail Lacquer White
- Flower is from an old bra (LOL). I'd planned to paint a bow & decorate it further, until the moment it broke.
Mistakes I made when painting this egg:
- I did not boil the egg first. It's best to paint on a hard-boiled egg, so it doesn't break. Duh!
- I just started painting randomly, like a crazy person, instead of painting top half, let it dry, then paint bottom half. I think that would have been better when using nail polish.
- I held it with my index & thumb throughout, when it would have been more sensible to place it on a round dish or something. At one point, I felt like Suppandi.
I was holding the top & bottom of the egg delicately with my index finger & thumb. I finished doing the dots on one side, and was awkwardly trying to turn it ... then the damn thing slipped & fell on the table ... spilling slimy raw egg & freaking out Mr.CZ.
1 hour of my life & a 10 rupee egg are not totally wasted after all =)
♥ Cynthia Z *.*