I want to share with you guys my favorite looks done by Lakmé Studio at Lakmé Fashion Week. Maybe you'll be inspired to try out some new looks this season, like I am.
Make-up looks: I picked all wearable & universally flattering ones.
Hair? Well, one is holding 5% of my hopes & dreams.
- Smoldering Peach ~ This look is flattering on almost all skin tones. It has made me reach for my peach blushes on most days. Imagine it without any peachy-ness on the eyes. Right, it won't look balanced. So when wearing peach blush & lipstick, try to add a little bit of peach eyeshadow on your lids too. However, you can skip the peach blush. Make-up symmetry :)
- Gold eyes & Red lips ~ This is a Blair Waldorf kind of look- very classy. Skip blush, or sweep a little bronzing powder under your cheekbones.
- Neutral ~ Eyes are understated in this look- just some light brown eyeshadow, black kohl, and false lashes. A pale pink lipstick complements the eyes perfectly. Tip: Pair this look with a white outfit/shirt & some dull gold jewelry.
- Fairy Cheeks ~ Yes, glitter cheeks can get messy, but there are always theme parties to go too. For regular night outs, apply the glitter on the center of your lids instead- both gold & silver glitter would look nice against peach eyeshadow.
BEST Make-up: My favorite! Dark smoky eyes, bronzed cheeks, and nude lips. See how it looks stunning on both light & dark skin tones? We wouldn't be doing the gold lines, maybe Halloween?
- Hair wrapped-around ponytail ~ I adore this ponytail. Simple, but always fabulous.
- Big Bun ~ Look at that! It looks perfect. I'd like to see a bride in that bun. Yes, you need to stuff it, and you've got to have very long hair to begin with.
- Quirky ~ We won't be wearing this style anytime soon, but some funky gals wouldn't think twice about wearing it to a rock concert. It would've been appropriate for Holi too, methinks.
- Flower-embellished low side ponytail ~ This is the most easy way to look girly & chic, ladies. You don't need to be in the tropics to wear a flower clip. Let's all get one in our favorite color, and wear it to the mall on a Saturday afternoon!
BEST Hairstyle: This is the hairstyle which still haunts me. Believe or not, I had never seen a huge side bun like this before LFW. I'm waiting for my hair to grow longer so I CAN WEAR IT! It needs a thick, long, sock-like stuffing & lots of smoothing balm and setting spray. Isn't the model hauntingly pretty too? Look at her face properly....see how she smiles with her eyes?
Hope you picked up some tips from this post, ladies. Which look is your favorite?
♥ Cynthia Z *.*