Have you ever used a cooling powder that is not Dermicool? I have been using one- Revlon Revlon Colorstay Aqua Mineral Finishing Powder. It's a cool/wet powder, which is somewhat similar to the MAC Magically Cool Liquid Powder.
NEW ColorStay Aqua Mineral Finishing powder is a translucent mineral finishing powder that delivers a burst of hydrating coconut water and an instant cooling sensation upon application. This revolutionary mineral finisher sets foundation and minimizes the look of pores and fine lines, leaving skin even and smooth. Specially formulated longwearing ColorStay technology provides a shine-free soft matte finish that lasts all day. Best of all, this weightless loose powder keeps skin looking healthy and flawless.
- Instant hydration with coconut water
- Sets makeup for a shine-free finish
- Wears all day
- Soft matte formula made with water, not oil., so there’s no shine
- SPF 13
- Wear alone or with Colorstay Aqua Mineral Makeup
- Available in 4 shades: Translucent, Translucent Light, Translucent Light Medium, Translucent Medium.
Here, I am showing you Translucent Light, which is just right for my skin tone.
How To use:
- Swirl brush into powder and tap off excess.
- Blend powder evenly all over face in short, sweeping strokes.
- After use, close lid tightly.
- It'll make a great summer powder since it's cool & has SPF.
- It's weird. It feels like it's wet, but it's not really wet. What? Ooh...okay.
- It mattifies my face, minimizes pores, and skin feels smooth.
- It has light-medium coverage, so it can be worn alone and still make your skin tone look even.
- My skin doesn't get oily for a long time. Though I have not worn it when it's very hot.
- Has a very very mild coconut water smell.
- Packaging is so cute! I love that they fit a gadget-like brush on the lid.
- Can look patchy on top of foundation (especially a creamy one) if not blended properly.
- It may not suit dry and flaky skin types.
- Accompanying brush, though useful, is too small for proper blending and buffing.
- A little too expensive for a drugstore brand. The amount is quite a lot + you get a brush, but still.
Overall, I wouldn't say this powder is that amazing, and it will never replace my other regular loose powders. However, if you're into fun gimmicky beauty products, like me, this might be up your alley. And that little brush is one of the cutest things ever! For me personally, the powder is best worn alone. That way, I don't have to worry about it disagreeing with my foundation.
Price ~ Rs.1150 for 9.9g
Rating ~ ♥♥♥♥♥ 3.5/5
♥ Cynthia Z ^.^
Disclosure: Product kindly sent by brand for consideration.