This is a reader query. She will be attending an Indian wedding & would be wearing a gorgeous maroon saree with silver embellishments.
She sent me a photo of the saree:
If I'm wearing a saree like that, I am guessing my makeup will be pretty much the same as Vanessa Hudgens' here....
Since the saree is so bling & I'm assuming you'd be wearing some bling jewelry too, I'd want to keep my eyes matte, maybe just a little shimmery color on the center of my lids & inner corners. A simple smokey eye look will suit it well:
- A matte brown like MAC Espresso + something with a hint of plum-like MAC Sketch- on lids
- A matte black like MAC Carbon or Bourjois Intense Eyeshadow #10 on the outer V, and blend it with MAC Sketch.
- A pearly vanilla highlight color on your brow bone & inner tear duct areas.
- Black pencil liner, like Lakme Kohl Ultimate, smudged on top and bottom lash line
- Black mascara. Maybe add some natural-looking false lashes too.
- A matte bronzer like Benefit Hoola or The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder
- A tiny amount of rosy blush like Lakme Kiss Of A Rose Cheek Artist
- I wear a lippie that suits the saree exactly, or almost. Maybe MAC Rebel lipstick.
- If you're not comfortable with a bold lipstick, then a nude lipstick would look great too, like Jlo below....
Although I think the lip liner is off & the blush is a little much. The eyes are perfect!
Hope those tips will come in handy! :)
♥ Cynthia Z *.*