Have you seen the movie "The Skin I Live In"? It's weird, but well-written. Somehow Lakmé Absolute White Intense Skin Cover SPF 25 makes me think of the movie. Skin....Skin. Don't you think that word sounds weird? Rumpelstiltskin. Oh-kay it sounds even weirder now.
What it is:
This ultra light, oil-free, water based formula delivers naturally fair, breathable skin. Its weightless formulation hides pores, fine lines and uneven skin tone to leave skin peachy soft all through the day. It lasts up to 16 hours without fading and has Vitamin B3 and sun protection of SPF 25.
Available in 3 shades: 01 Ivory Fair, 03 Golden Medium, 05 Beige Honey.
I picked 03 Golden Medium. It suits me the best, but is still on the lighter side, although it adapts to my skin tone well & doesn't make me look ghastly. If your skin tone is darker than mine, the darker shade might be a better match.
Coverage: Light to Medium
Lasting Power: I don't count the hours, but it does not budge.
Scent: I has a strong citrusy scent- like grapefruit + lemon peel + orange + witch hazel? I don't know. I find it refreshing. It doesn't stay on the skin for long though.
I must say, I am IMPRESSED with this foundation. It is the most lightweight foundation I've ever used. Is it there, is it not there? I imagine a "second skin" foundation to be just like it.
- It's as easy to blend as moisturizer (fingers are more than sufficient) & disappears into my skin. It never sits on top and scream "foundation!" Most times I feel like putting on more & more, but my radiant skin stops me from doing so.
- It minimizes large pores & evens out my skin tone.
- Because it's matte, I don't really need powder on top of it. But I might need some in summer- when my skin is more oily.
- Looks good in flash photography. Face doesn't look white.
- I'd say if Revlon Colorstay Foundation is your type, then you might like this.
- Packaging looks so high-end. Love that it comes with a pump.
Below is 03 swatched and blended on my hand to give you a better idea on the finish & coverage:
See how even it made my skin? It covered the redness & blueness, and made it look less wrinkly.
My absolute favorite from from the Lakmé Absolute range. I think if it was widely available, it'll possibly be a Cult Favorite among makeup lovers. Asians especially (I mean the other Asians, not us Bharatians :)) would go crazy over this, I'm guessing.
For me, Super Hit!
The only thing that bothers me is, the amount. How much is really in that little cylinder inside??? [It's not written anywhere on the bottle.]
Also, I'd like to see the full ingredients list. What exactly is that scent???
Price ~ Rs.575
Rating ~ ♥♥♥♥♥ 4.5/5
♥ Cynthia Z *.*