FAQ ~ "I am very new to make-up. Can you suggest some inexpensive products that I can use everyday? I just want the basic stuff, like for eyes, cheeks & lips, since I don't wear foundation and all that. I'd really appreciate it if you can tell me how much they cost too."
I am going to recommend only the ones that I myself have used/still using, and like. So here are my favorite affordable no-fuss products that are not only great for everyday use, but portable too:
- Bourjois Smoky Eyes Trio in Nude Ingenue (Rs.625) ~ This is a great palette of 3 natural shades with subtle shimmer. Apply the beige shade on your brow bone, center of your lids, & inner corners. Then apply the medium brown shade on your crease & lower lash line. Lastly, use the dark brown on the outer V or corners of your your lids. If that sounds too complicated, just apply medium brown all over lids and beige to highlight the inner corners and brow bone. You can also use the dark brown as a liner. Swatches HERE
- Colorbar I-Glide Pencil in Cocobar (Rs.325) ~ This is one of my favorite brown eye pencils. I prefer to apply a brown eyeliner for a natural look, coz black can look harsh on my light brown eyes. But if you prefer to use black then pick Black Out instead of Cocobar. Apply a thin line on your upper lash line. Optional: Smudge a little on you lower lash line with a sponge tip applicator (SKIP if you have dark undereyes). Swatch HERE
- Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Mascara Black (Rs.275) ~ You can pile it on for lots of volume, or you can apply just one coat for defined yet natural-looking lashes. Apply on your lower lashes too to open your eyes more.
- Colorbar Blush in Just Earth (Rs.250) ~ A bit of brown, a bit of peach, to go with the neutral eyes. Lightly sweep some on the apples of your cheeks. Just make sure your face is matte and non-oily so the blush doesn't look blotchy. Swatch & Review HERE
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in 'Warm me Up' (Rs.299) ~ I can't live without this lipstick! It is a pinkish-brownish nude shade (not so pink like in the pic there), that's great for everyday and would suit just about anybody. Swatch HERE
There. You are good to go! Pretty but not made-up. In case you want to look smokin' just smudge the dark brown eyeshadow on your upper lash line over the brown liner & on the outer half of your lower lash line, and apply 3-4 coats of mascara.
Total cost of products ~ Rs.1774
Hope you like my picks! I just love being a personal shopper ;). I'll go CHEAPER in my next post like this.
♥ Cynthia Z ^.^