In a perfect world, a bride can survive on a tube of lipstick (and she'd also be marrying John Abraham or Prince Henry or that other celeb she adores/stalks) As an ex-bride, I wish I had read this post before my wedding day because I only had makeup, tissues & chewing gum in my tiny handbag. So, I hope future brides won't forget they'll possibly need these other important things:
- Safety Pins ~ Why do we always need them when we DON'T have any?! Especially if you'll be wearing a two-piece, these things will surely come in handy.
- Eye Drops ~ Smoke (and tears) can strain your eyes. You want to be bright-eyed for photos. Buy: Clearine Eye Drops.
OintmentCream- My gold bridal earrings were so thick that my piercing had to be 3 times the size to insert them without pain, so I had to live with watery/itchy ears for days after the wedding. It's better to apply a cream before wearing your heavy earrings to prevent infection. Buy: Flutibact.
- Eyelash Glue ~ For your false eyelashes (they tend to come off at the inner corners) & also, maang tika- so it stays in place on your forehead. At Ambika Pillai studio, they once used Dendrite for my maang tika, and I ended up with a grape-sized bump on my forehead the next day. Gosh, I can't help thinking- What if they had used superglue???!!! Idiots. Buy: Duo Adhesive.
- Panty Liners, Pads, Tampons ~ You could lose track/forget your P-date, and then realize that D-day might be the day it misses you (of course, these thing always happen to you!) Believe me, you don't want to have to dread the uninvited guest when you're already very stressed. Skip if you bid it goodbye recently. Buy: Ria, Carefree, Stayfree, Whisper.
- Band Aids ~ New shoes? They bite. Buy: Johnson & Johnson's- preferably cushion ones.
- Ball of Foot Cushions ~ Especially if you'll be wearing sky-highs, these are a must-have. I didn't have them on my wedding day, that's why they're here on the list. GET THEM! Buy: Scholl, Stiletto Hardware.
- Tissues ~ You probably already "checked" this. Humans always need tissues. Buy: Paseo or Looney Tunes.
- Hand Sanitizer ~ You won't be able to run to the washroom every time and you'll be shaking A LOT of hands. Who knows where they've been? Sorry. LOL! Buy: Dettol, Himalaya, Lifebuoy.
- Kit Kat/ Nutrition Bars ~ You will feel damn hungry in the car on the way to your wedding venue. It's either nervous hunger or you skipped lunch coz you were only concerned about looking pretty. Buy: Kit Kat, Rite Bite.
- Breath Mints & Mouthwash (mini) ~ The expensive perfume on your neck won't make up for bad breath. No chewing gum, you'll look uncouth chewing away especially when caught on video (yes, that's me sigh). Buy: Wrigley's Doublemint, Listerine.
That's all I could think of. If you can think of anything else, do share! :)
♥ Cynthia Z ^.^