Finally! I have got to try a product which I have been wanting to try for more than a year (remember my crazy wishlist post here?)
Garnier Light Anti-Dark Circle Roll On with Pure Lemon Essence, Caffeine & Mineral Pigments claims to refresh eyes and brighten dark circles. It is also fragrance-free and dermatologically & opthalmologically tested.
|Shade ~ Medium|
Texture is liquid-like and runny- like thin water color. On my eyes below. Please excuse the lash glue stuck on my lashes. It's a pain to remove!
|Without Garnier Roll On|
|A little amount used|
♥ Love the cooling effect it gives especially when my eyes are very strained.
♥ It does brighten up my eyes.
♥ It de-puffs eye bags (see pic above).
♥ The skin soaks it up really quickly (which might not be a good thing at times)
♥ You don't need to set it with powder since it dries to a matte finish.
♥ Cute & convenient packaging.
- It is hard to blend without an eye cream underneath.
- Roller ball & tip gets really messy (see 1st pic)
- I doubt the sheer consistency of this would cover major dark circles.
- Layering it makes it look uneven & flaky. Like applying foundation on top of powdered face.
- Shade selection might be a problem for some. Even Medium is a tad too light for me. It is also available in Light & Dark, I'm assuming, although they weren't available at the store.
- It won't be suitable for undereyes with lots of lines and wrinkles because it will creep into them. Especially since it dries to a matte-almost-powdery finish, the lines are emphasized when I smile/crinkle my eyes.
- I'm also afraid it'll cause more lines around my eyes. After this, I decided that I'll apply only creamy stuff under my eyes. Maybe I'll mix this with a cream concealer next time.
*Compare 'Without Roll On' & 'Blended' pics. You'll see that the fine lines are more noticeable in the latter.
To sum it up, it is a product in which the cons outweigh the pros for me personally, and I will not repurchase. I wanted to love it so much but I realized an extra layer of liquid foundation under my eyes looks much better and most importantly, even.
Price ~ Rs.199.
Rating ~ ♥♥♥♥♥ 3/5
Have you tried this yet?
♥ Cynthia Z ^.^