Many months ago, I was depotting my MAC eyeshadows, and didn't stop there. I picked up the only Colorbar eyeshadow I have, and decided to evict it as well. Single eyeshadows disturb me- mentally.
It had a mirror attached to it, which made the process seem next to impossible, but I was to curious to find out the outcome.
Eyeshadow shade ~ Proudly Purple (swatch & review here)
This is what it looked like before. The mirror is attached to the bottom of the eyeshadow
- 1st ~ Take out/break the lid
- 2nd ~ Break the middle section where the eyeshadow & mirror are on either side
- 3rd ~ Take out the mirror with a sharp knife. It could break, but mine didn't! Thank goodness, coz breaking mirrors is not good, right?
- 4th ~ Burn the part where the mirror was with a candle to loosen the glue that holds the eyeshadow on the other side (just you would MAC eyeshadows). I used a tong to hold the pan and held it on top of a burning candle.
- 5th ~ Poke eyeshadow pan out from the burnt part to loosen the eyeshadow pan & also loosen the sides with the sharp knife. Do this gently to prevent eyeshadow from breaking.
And you're done!
|Bottom of eyeshadow pan|
Ya, it's a weakling this pan, not tough like the MAC ones. The eyeshadow also broke a little bit.
There you have it! A misshapen depotted Colorbar eyeshadow. I feel sorry for it haha.... BUT. It's no longer single! ;)
Have a great week everybody!
♥ Cynthia Z ^.^