Sudocrem. The first time I came to know about this cream was when I read about Cheryl Cole's Favorite Beauty Products in some blogs. She said that she uses it to zap pimples, and that 'this stuff works!' Women who adore her went wild, mainly coz it's such an inexpensive product and if it's good enough for Cheryl Cole, it's good enough for everybody!
So, what is Sudocrem?
Famously known as a nappy rash cream, Sudocrem’s clinically proven to soothe, heal and protect your baby’s delicate skin and works in three ways:
A water-repellent base forms a protective barrier, helping to stop any irritants (urine and faeces) coming into contact with the skin.
It both softens and soothes sore, inflamed skin.
It has a weak local anaesthetic to help ease pain and irritation.
Hypoallergenic lanolin, to help soothe and soften irritated skin.
Zinc oxide which reduces the loss of tissue fluid.
Benzyl benzoate and benzyl cinnamate which are ingredients of Balsam of Peru, recognised for its healing properties.
Benzyl alcohol, a weak local anaesthetic which eases pain and also acts as a disinfectant/antibacterial agent.
- The consistency of it is like Colgate toothpaste. I like that it's not a slippery ointment type thing that oozes out uncontrollably. It dries to a matte finish after application.
- It has the mild lavender scent, which doesn't linger for long.
I needed this. I really did, because I get heat rashes on my legs & arms too frequently.
How Sudocrem has helped me:
- You know those itchy bumps you get on your upper arms? The condition is known as Keratosis Pilaris, but my cousin sis and I call them 'fat rash' (in our mother tongue, of course) coz they appear when we gain weight. I still get these bumps, especially in summers. Sudocrem reduces the itchiness immediately after application & the bumps have reduced.
- I used it on the blisters on my feet after a day of shopping in high heels, and it dried them faster plus I couldn't feel the burning sensation when they burst.
- It does dry out pimples. Just this morning a red almost-pimple was itching like crazy! A thin layer of Sudocrem calmed it down immediately.
- It also heals the scratches I get from, well, myself (haha!), faster. When I get allergies, I just keep scratching with my long nails until I bleed! (Totally worth it, by the way :))
- So, now as soon as my skin starts itching or I see the first sign of a pimple, I apply some Sudocrem ASAP.
I am hooked to this now! I will use nothing else on my future baby's/babies' bottoms, if I can easily get my hands on it when the time comes.
Price ~ 2-3 GBP, I think.
Availability ~ This product is available in the UK, but not in India right now. But I'm not so sure. There might be some pharmacies that sell it.
Rating ~ ♥♥♥♥♥ 5/5
♥ Cynthia Z ^.^
Disclosure: Product sent by brand for consideration. Honest review, as always.