Okay, I didn't know what to call this eye makeup. I thought about peacock, but it's not feathery. This is the Requested Makeup Model Look I did last month. The model could be Britney Spears in Circus music video, I was informed by a reader- Mariam. I can't say for sure if it is, but she definitely looks like Britney. Yes,those are the peacock earrings you must've seen before :). I must have been in a matchy-matchy mood that day :)
I clicked these photos while I did the makeup, just in case somebody wanted a tutorial & taking pictures actually helped me notice uneven application and such mistakes.
- Prime lids with eyeshadow primer, then stick scotch tape on outer parts of each eye from the outer end of the eye to about the end of eyebrows. Apply some loose powder under your eyes and bridge of your nose, so the eyeshadow fallouts won't ruin your base.
- First apply pink eyeshadow on inner half of the eyes, and then apply purple eyeshadow starting from the scotch tape to the center of the lids, and make a rounded slant from top edge near scotch tape to about half of the upper lash line. Blend the part where the 2 colors meet so there won't be an obvious line right in the center.
- Now it just about intensifying the outer corners. Apply a dark blue eyeshadow on top of the purple, but don't cover the purple completely, let it peek through.
- Now time for black eyeshadow to intensify it more. Start applying from your lash line and gradually move the brush upwards, and blend towards where the blue eyeshadow ends using light strokes.
- Sorry about the lighting here (damn flash! I didn't realize it was on). This is the fun part, removing the scotch tapes. If you did your face before the eyes, the scotch tapes would have peeled it all off, so apply some foundation and powder again just on those areas.
- Apply a blue eyeshadow starting from your lower lash line all the way to the outer corner of the lid and take it in a bit so it looks like a border. Apply a shimmery white eyeshadow on brow bone & blend it downwards. Line your upper lash line with black liquid liner.
- To balance & complete the look, apply the same pink on inner half of your lower lash line, shimmery white on tear duct areas, and maybe apply more black eyeshadow to darken the outer corners more using a pencil brush for precise application. Apply false lashes (never mind the careless application there :p), and black pencil liner on water line (lower lash line) as well.
- You can leave it at that, or add some silver shimmer/glitter with a flat synthetic brush randomly on your lids, lashes and tops of your cheeks
- Apply pink blush & pink lippy, and you're done!
For list of products, please go to my previous post HERE
I hope you like the tutorial as much I liked doing the look, and I wish you too would try it. It's fun! :)
♥ Cynthia Z ^.^