Basically, I have to list my 3 imperfections & 3 things I love about myself. So here goes...
My 3 Imperfections:
- Skin ~ When it's good, it's great. When it's bad, it's a female dog. I've had one pimple after another since last December. Permanent scars- pock mark on my forehead, scratch mark on my cheek (I'm not sure if it was the nanny or the mother). The biggest evil of all? Pigmentation/Melasma. It's like a time bomb! Right now I have clusters of dark spots in areas of my face, and if I stop taking care or GET KNOCKED UP, they will increase in size and spread all over my face! Ahhh....!!! Babies or a flawless face? One day we will find out.
- Uneven lower teeth ~ Actually my top ones were uneven too, but I got them fixed. The lower ones were a lost cause. I'm thinking Invisalign this year, although I could live with uneven bottom teeth.
- Nose ~ I wish it was shorter and 'cute as a button'
3 things I love about myself:
- Eyes ~ I have a love-hate my eyes actually. I am a little bit cock-eyed, did you know that? You will only notice it if you meet me in person. We have a saying in my hometown: One going China, one turning Tokyo...or something like that lol. Also, because they are light brown & I have thin lashes, I sometimes look like an alien when I don't wear makeup, and they are so sensitive they get red so easily. But once they're done up (and got a dose of eye drops), I love 'em! I think they are where my powers lie (pun intended) haha...
- Legs ~ I've always been told that I have nice legs since I was a teenager. I loved wearing short skirts and dresses and I still do, not because I want to show off my legs or anything like that, I just think my body looks better in them since I'm short and all =D. BUT sometimes when I reveal my legs at a party or somewhere with a lot of people, the next day I get rashes on them! Nazar (evil eye?) lagay...lagte...how do you say it? Worse case of leg rash happened when I was living with a bunch of girls right after college. I'm not saying people mean it, it just happens when you look at something too much. My cousin sister had the best baby-like flawless skin and everybody (even I) used to compliment her on it, and not long after that, she had skin problems (melasma, white spots and stuff). So you know what I mean. I bought the Aveeno Baby cream specially for my legs.
- ...and...I don't know...Lips, I guess ~ When I do lip swatches of lip products in here, some people say I have nice lips. I never thought much of them really, but I believe you now. Thank you! :)
That wasn't so hard after all. There you have it. My Perfect Imperfections.
We all strive for this "Perfection" when we don't even know if it is actually what we think it is. These two women may be able to tell you....
Jenny Lee - The one in the Oprah Show
If that means perfect, do you want to be perfect?
Ally McBeal once said, "Happiness is overrated", and I couldn't agree more. It's just a temporary superficial feeling that sounds better than what it is. So, to me, perfection is nothing but a metaphor for happiness.
Contentment, that's what I believe in. It's deep & real, and it's what helps you sleep at night.
I may not be perfect, but I'm content with how I look. As for the imperfections, that's what makeup, skincare products, laser treatments & orthodontists are for. I can't imagine a life without foundation & concealer!
I tag all of you readers and everyone in my Followers list to do this. It's weird how it makes you not want to scrutinize your pores again today ;)
♥ Cynthia Z ^.^