I thought I'd write about my current favorite powder- the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light Medium. In one of my old posts, I said that I had a love-hate relationship with this (the reason being that it didn't really keep my oilies away when the temperature was at its highest during the Delhi summer.)
Then I rarely used it. Now, as the weather has started to cool down, it's a love-love relationship, baby! I want to wear it everyday! Actually, I do wear it everyday.
What MAC says: Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is a luxurious domed face powder with minerals, slowly baked to provide a dimensional yet natural matte finish. Provides perfect low coverage. Use to set and fix foundation or as a touch-up throughout the day
- Gives a natural radiant finish without looking cakey
- Evens out my skin tone when I wear it alone, without a foundation. If you find foundations too complicated (liquid...cream...mousse...apply with this brush...that brush...sponges...argh!) but still want something to brighten up & even out your face, MSF Natural is the answer.
- Compact, so you can tote it around for touch-ups
- Doubles up as a subtle highlighter because of the specks of shimmer, which aren't disco ball-type by the way.
- Because it is baked, there's a lot of product packed in there, so it will not run out in a year, if it's just for personal use.
- Shades. There are 8 shades in this. I remember the time when mineral makeup products were always on the lighter side & it was very hard to find a shade that suits your skin tone perfectly, but with MSF Natural, I'm sure there's a shade for everybody.
- I can sleep with it on because it's made of minerals. At least I'd like to believe that when I'm feeling lazy about washing my face before bedtime ;p
- The mattifying power is too weak in summers, for me personally. It cannot fight off sweat.
- Price. I think Rs.1350 is too much for this, don't you think? On top of that, it's a little cheaper than that in the US, like everything else in MAC =\
MSF Natural Light Medium swatch on left & blended on right
Application ~ To set my foundation streak-free, I like to apply the MSF Natural with the Sigma Princess Grace Retractable Kabuki brush or the Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki brush. Just something dense and soft. Although I use a large powder brush too sometimes, mostly when the other two are dirty, and when I don't want a heavy coverage.
I think this is one mineral powder I'm going to keep buying, unless a better one comes along.
Rating ~ ♥♥♥♥♥ 4.5/5 in winters, 3/5 in summers
♥ Cynthia Z ^.^