First of all, I need you to know what I look for in a mascara, because not everyone expects the same. I have very thin barely-there lashes, so the first thing I look for is VOLUME- the false lash-kind of volume, a lil' bit of LENGTH, no clumps & I prefer waterproof versions, which some mascaras don't come in.
These are the Best & Worst mascaras I have used. I put them according to preference & majorly disappointing :
♥ BEST ♥
- Max Factor False Lash Effect ~ BEST! Volume-tastic! And it didn't dry up even after 3-4 years! Yeah I tested it on my lashes after that long. I'm my own lab rat that way ;p
- Bourjois Volume Clubbing ~ Volume, length & comes in a waterproof version too which I love! You party all night and
- Maybelline Volum' Express Hyper Curl ~ I love the curl, volume & length this gives + I can skip eyelash curler.
- Maybelline The Colossal Volum' ~ Called 'The Magnum' in some Asian countries like Malaysia, Indonesia etc, it's a great mascara if you want volume, length and black-black lashes
- Maybelline Extra Long Double Stretch ~ This a 2-step fibrous mascara. It comes with a white lash primer and a black mascara. The white primer helps to stretch your lashes as mush as you want. Very easy to remove too, you just use water and the fibres come off like dried up glue.
- Maybelline Hello Kitty Volum' Express Cat Eyes ~ The next best thing to my old favorite Maybelline Lash Stylist Mascara. Comb wand makes it very easy to separate lashes when applying, and who can resist the Hello Kitty design tube?! Review here
- Bourjois Volume Glamour Ultra Care ~ If this came in a waterproof version, it could be the best of the best. It's made for sensitive eyes. Review here
- Loreal Extra Volume Collagene ~ Although this is very similar to Loreal Voluminous mascara, which I didn't quite like, it gives a good amount of volume and since it doesn't dry fast, it makes application effortless.
- Smashbox Bionic ~ Okay, this is not a drugstore product, but I thought it should be mentioned in this post. It came with my Smashbox Superstars . I like the mascara, because the bristles of the brush are quite soft and they don't make my lashes spiky.
- Bourjois Maxi Frange ~ This is a 2-step mascara. There's a beige primer with a comb-wand and a black mascara. You get more length than volume with it, but a little of both is not all bad. I love the pretty blue & black tub with flowers on it.
And here are the worst, starting with the worst of the worst:
~ Worst ~
- Lakme Lash Artist ~ I don't know if they should call this a mascara. Picture this: you mix some black powder eyeshadow in water, then apply the solution on your lashes. Yes, it's just like that.
- Maybelline Great Lash (Original) ~ I don't want to even talk about this! Because it's raved about so much when it came out, I expected it to change my life, but No.
- Rimmel London Glam Eyes ~ OMG this is so dry! Is it supposed to be that dry or I bought a dried up/old one? Flimsy plastic wand and does almost nothing for my poor lashes.
- Bourjois Elastic ~ Ugh! Review here
- Mac Zoom Lash ~ I can't believe I bought 2 of these-black & brown, at the same time. Never used them after the first trial. I hope MAC has improved with its mascaras by now.
- ? ~ This is where some forgettable & old ones would go, like Loreal Lash Architect Mascara, Maybelline Define-a-Lash Lengthening Mascara, a Maybelline XXL mascara that only gives a bit of length, but don't remember which one exactly. Some of them have been discontinued anyways so... bye bye.
Well, that's all for now. Hope this guides you in finding your perfect mascara.
So, what are the best & worst mascaras on your list? Do tell, so I don't waste money on bad ones anymore.
♥ Cynthia Z ^.^