What it is:
Hydra-Cleanse Makeup Remover effectively removes both water-proof and regular makeup without having to rinse with water. This 3-in-1 alcohol free formula is gentle on skin, lips and eyes while removing even the most long-lasting make-up. It retains moisture and natural pH of the skin. Cucumber and Witch Hazel extracts reduce pore size to normal and instantly soothe the skin.
Suitable for all skin types.
Spread a small amount of lotion to the face using a cotton pad. With your eyes closed, spread the lotion gently along the eyelashes and area around the eyes, and wipe off with cotton pad.
When I first started using this product, the first thing I noticed strongly was the smell. A familiar smell but I couldn't put a finger on it. Wracked and wracked my brain...I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep if I didn't remember. Then it hit me....Brylcream! Yes, it smells like the shaving foam people. Doesn't bother me because I have a thing for men's products (proof here). So I'll simplify my review by listing what I like and dislike about the Hydra-Cleanse Makeup Remover.......
♥ Likes ♥
- It feels nice on my skin, makes it feel soft and smooth.
- The Witch Hazel in it does shrink my pores
- Feels like an anti-aging cream, so I don't really need to apply anything else afterwards
- It doesn't break out my oily/dry-combination skin
- I can use it anytime I want because I won't need water, especially on a plane or while travelling.
- It's cooling and refreshing.
- Nice classy hygienic tube packaging
- Stings my eyes till they look blood-shot (my eyes are very sensitive)
- Not paraben-free (I don't bother to look for paraben-free products, but I thought I'd mention it, in case you're wondering)
- Does not easily remove waterproof mascara (I find that using cotton to remove eye make-up a bit harsh. I lost about 5 eyelashes while using this product, and most of you know I don't have much!)
- If you want your face to be totally/squeaky clean, you'll need to use a lot of this cream. So, it might not last you long, and at Rs.400 for 100 ml, some might not find it very economical.
- Time consuming.
- Bourjois Lip tint, lipgloss, matte lipstick, Loreal Infallible lipstick (LONG wear)
- Rub rub rub...
- I can still see Bourjois lip tint and Loreal Infallible
- Umm...should I start all over again?
- Waterproof mascara, waterproof eyeliner, gel liner,eyeshadows
- Lets use some Hydra-Cleanse Makeup Remover...
- Rubbed rubbed rubbed....waterproof stuff still there.
- Okay, let start again.....
- Hmph! Forget it! I'll just use cleansing oil and water now!
This is a nice product to have mainly because it a for the 'Woman On The Go'. If you're one of those girls who have to wipe off their make-up before going home to disapproving stares of parents/in-laws, then this is the perfect makeup remover for you. You can use it in your car/cab/bus and be your simple innocent self when you get off! =)For me personally, this won't be something I will be using daily because I need a make-up remover which will not sting my eyes. In fact, I need one which allows me to open my eyes when I remove my eye makeup. I mean how can you not open your eyes?How will the waterline get clean then?! After using this, I need to either splash my eyes with cold water or put some eye drops (which I don't usually do before sleeping). My Holy grail makeup remover is Cleansing Oil, which removes everything in about 2 mins and makes my face clean-clean, so this doesn't match up to it.
I have decided to stop using the Kaya Hydra-Cleanse on my eyes and only use it on my face and lips.
Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥ + .5
So, what is your HG makeup remover? Do share.
♥ Cynthia Z ^.^
Disclaimer: This product was provided to me by the company's PR for consideration.