For the last 5 days I've been getting these little zits which really annoyed me, so I decided to use a Disprin (Aspirin) face mask since everybody has been talking about how good it is for the skin. It's known to be really good for acne, reduces inflammation and redness. This is because it contains salicylic acid, also known as beta hydroxy acid. BHA is used in acne and anti-aging products. According to one research, regular intake of Aspirin reduces sun spots which are precursors to skin cancer. So maybe it can do the same from the outside too?
Let me tell you, I was amazed by how much it reduced or more like "flattened" my zits and my face felt really smooth. Will definitely use it again.
I used Disprin Soluble Analgesic (above) with aloe vera juice (Guardian)
It is best to use this mask in the evening or night time because it can sensitize the skin making it more susceptible to sun damage unless you're staying in during the day. Always use sunscreen after you use this mask. While using this, it felt almost like when I was using the L'oreal microdermbrasion a while back.
- Put 3 Disprin tablets in a small bowl.
- Pour about a teaspoon of aloe vera juice on top of the tablets. You can also use honey, green tea or just plain water.
- Wait for the tablets to soften. Fill this time by washing your face using your usual cleanser and dry your face.
- The tablets would have soften by this time. Press them with your fingers and mix well.
- Apply using your fingers on whole face leaving eye area, the 2 corners on the sides of your nostrils (this is a sensitive area) and your mouth.
- After applying, leave for no more than 15 minute.
- Wet your whole face with fingers to ease any tightness (be careful not to get it in your eyes.) Then massage very gently like you do when using a scrub but don't overdo it.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Apply a moisturizer with SPF and use sunscreen in the days to come.
♥ DBA ^_^